PixelHeart sealed vintage games - real GD-ROMs?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

PixelHeart sealed vintage games - real GD-ROMs?

Post#1 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:17 am

Does anyone know if the sealed vintage games PixelHeart sell (not the newer indie releases) are genuine GD-ROMs? I'm thinking of buying a copy of Metropolis Street Racer from there to see if it's the final PAL revision version, but wanted to make sure I'd be receiving a GD-ROM rather than a CD. Their customer service didn't clarify this at all when I asked.

Wombat
Vagabond

Re: PixelHeart sealed vintage games - real GD-ROMs?

Post#2 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:25 am

For sure these are original GD-ROMS, no way that they would be selling counterfeit/professionally pressed bootlegs.

bingobongo
minority

Post#3 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:58 pm

The pics on the website clearly show the words 'Compact Disc' on the disc label.

How did they get the official rights to all those titles? Impressive!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:01 pm

I paid postage 'something cool' which later revealed to be indie demo disc but I got no track nothing arrived PM'd they tweety n not even seen

EDIT: DOH not Pixel
Last edited by mistamontiel on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#5 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:53 am

bingobongo wrote:The pics on the website clearly show the words 'Compact Disc' on the disc label!

Clearly you are mistaking their new developments / Indie's with their 'new old stock' releases.

Indie: https://www.pixelheart.eu/en/produit/ar ... mcast-pal/
nos: https://www.pixelheart.eu/en/produit/vi ... mcast-pal/

mistamontiel wrote:I paid postage 'something cool' which later revealed to be indie demo disc but I got no track nothing arrived PM'd they tweety n not even seen

This thread is about pixel heart, not WAVE :P that being said the UK postal system has been an absolute mess lately. Best course of action is to send them an e-mail to see how and what.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#6 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:15 am

As Wombat said, it's new old stock. It might not be the best place to buy new old stock, but it is a place to buy.

cbx
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:39 pm

bingobongo wrote:The pics on the website clearly show the words 'Compact Disc' on the disc label.

I don't see it.

bingobongo wrote:How did they get the official rights to all those titles? Impressive!

According to them it is new old stock. It's not reprints, so they don't need any rights. If that's true, I cannot tell.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#8 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:59 pm

It's no different than any other retailer still selling new, old stock DC games. I've bought new, North American DC games from Play Asia that are still sealed, in recent years.

bingobongo
minority

Post#9 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:51 pm

my apologies - looks like I got that totally wrong!

Still surprised they've found crates of these games after all these years.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#10 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:06 pm

They probably bought sealed shipping boxes of each game at auction. Unless they're page counters aren't accurate. 93 new copies of 'Jet Set Radio' seems like a lot to have on hand.