October Game Contest - Crazy Taxi

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Impulse
Admin

Re: October Game Contest - Crazy Taxi

Post#21 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Sorry guys, I should have made the time mode clearer. I think it would be best to stick to Arcade rules at 5 minutes.
-Impulse

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#22 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:53 pm

Impulse wrote:Sorry guys, I should have made the time mode clearer. I think it would be best to stick to Arcade rules at 5 minutes.

Don't be sorry. Not a big deal. :D At least everyone knows now.

I on the other hand am sorry, I messed up. :lol:
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

DC_Tman
fragger

Post#23 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:58 am

I gotcha, Impulse.
:D

I'll try to squeeze that in tomorrow, but right now, I'm swamped.

I've had over 20 special requests by personal message on Youtube on how to burn DC games. Most of them were very basic, such as:

"hey can u tell me how 2 burn dc games"

or the lovable

"how too burn dreamcast games?"

I've told a few people just by message, but I can't explain how to do that personally to over 20 different people! I'll just have to make a video I guess...
:lol:
Disciple of the Ultimate Gaming System

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#24 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:51 am

I'd type it down if I were you, coz otherwise you need to install & film it with every burning app out there :lol:

this is the way I do it

DC-CDI image > drag & drop on CDI2NERO > NRG comes out > burn nrg with nero > hey...it works
so I only need one app for all my burnings :mrgreen:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#25 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:21 am

Being you two "posters" (DC_Tman & mazonemayu) are "posting", I am asking the following: "Where do you get a copy of Para Para"? I tried eBay and got nowhere.

I was also thinking that this game could be ripped and made into a game like..."Rock Hero" (a combo name of "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero"). The functionality is similar, you could use a PS2 to Dreamcast Total Control 2 adapter and play with the PS2 guitar. the DC-Talk community could also contribute to music if the opportunity occurred.

Something to think about...or not being this could be a bad idea.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

DC_Tman
fragger

Post#26 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Being you two "posters" (DC_Tman & mazonemayu) are "posting", I am asking the following: "Where do you get a copy of Para Para"? I tried eBay and got nowhere.

I was also thinking that this game could be ripped and made into a game like..."Rock Hero" (a combo name of "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero"). The functionality is similar, you could use a PS2 to Dreamcast Total Control 2 adapter and play with the PS2 guitar. the DC-Talk community could also contribute to music if the opportunity occurred.

Something to think about...or not being this could be a bad idea.

http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=18136

Here's a post about it on Snesorama. I didn't find anything on eBay either. So, maybe you could download it.

Some dude on the thread gave a link to another site, and the webmaster is supposed to upload the games if he gets enough request for it. It's a long run, but that's the closest thing I found.
:cry:
Disciple of the Ultimate Gaming System

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#27 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:54 pm

i just scored over 5000 in crazy taxi. :shock: ok maybe im making that up :lol: but i will see if i can get a better score than hobofreaks $3,887.03 soon, or maybe i already have. look out hobofreak :twisted:

Hobofreak
Sasquatch

Post#28 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:43 am

$3,991.80 is now the score to beat :lol:
Attachments
Crazy Taxi 2.JPG

PSO Character
Name: Taz
Level: 26
Type: HUcast
ID: BLUEFULL
Version: 2

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#29 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:07 am

Hobofreak wrote:$3,991.80 is now the score to beat :lol:
bah i have $5,000. lmmfao. but for real ya gotta do better hobofreak. if you cant get past 4,000 i will win. im holding off on posting my score. i will do it soon. I'm still not happy with my $4.000 plus, i think i can do better. :twisted: :twisted: heres a hint to what ya gotta get. my 5th best score is $3,996.32.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#30 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:20 am

i was thinking about going for a better score. but if you can top this one i might just let ya have it. breaking $4k is tough enough to do. so making it past $4,156.26 deserves a prize and the title of Crazy Taxi champion lol.