Post your setups

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SegaArcadeGamer
noob

Re: Post your setups

Post#621 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:15 pm

It's a Nanao MS-2931 tri-sync crt (15k, 24k, and 31k resolutions). I can flip the VGA box to 480i RGB and the monitor will accept even non VGA games like DC KOF 99. Great for light gun games as well. I have both a Dreamcast and Saturn inside that I swap between, all wired to arcade controls.

megaboy1024
noob

Post#622 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:06 pm

carnage wrote:My baby is my Katana Set 5.24E(Not a typo) HKT-01 with modem AND LAN adapter (#: DEV.BOX-S524E-LANMARU-EXT)(bios dumped fyi), used with the Katana SDK R12-FINAL internal build with more docs, bins and newer compilers that given as a gift from a close friend. Dated January 2005. The HDD contained a build of Last Hope.

That's awesome! is it possible to share the SDK with the bios and docs, I'm interested to see the official samples related with BBA programming.

ZTylerDurden
lithium

Post#623 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:51 am

There's a Dreamcast in there booting up CVS2. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Attachments
index.png

Hondadreamcast
shadow

Post#624 » Wed May 05, 2021 7:55 pm

Finally got my setup organized and looking decent!
Attachments
61300D63-A6FE-4179-8ABD-A952BEAD5E99.jpeg

Impacto
dark night

Post#625 » Wed May 05, 2021 9:07 pm

Dreamcast only and nothing more.
Attachments
IMG_20210505_220415.jpg

Xero
shadow

My crt gaming setup

Post#626 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:00 am

Hi all, new here. I've been getting my retro gaming crt setup up to par again. Half of my original dreamcast discs don't work anymore so I'll be doing an ODE mod as well as fixing the dead battery. Hoping to learn more about various DC mods here.

Everything i have is rgb modded and I was using the hanzo+kenzei for my dreamcast recently swapped out with the packapunch cable which is much more compact. I plan to use the old Kenzei as a sync combiner for connecting a pc instead.

The dreamcast is definitely hiding away here but it fits nicely in that drawer. I'm currently using a bandridge switch but I've got a gscartsw on pre-order which should eliminate the need to manually swap cables (as I've got the 5 port bandridge completely filled)

20210715_164837.jpg

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: My crt gaming setup

Post#627 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:37 am

I'm flush with precious boobtubes xP

*yeesh* don't remind me Donkey 64!! I did play it through playing alongside the nine hour segmented speedrun n maaan let me tell you..

..when I re-visit this title and to be damned again with the Beaver Bothers x2 again in the endgame, shall be my life crisis

Welcome+salute Xero!

Xero
shadow

Post#628 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:09 pm

mistamontiel wrote:I'm flush with precious boobtubes xP

*yeesh* don't remind me Donkey 64!! I did play it through playing alongside the nine hour segmented speedrun n maaan let me tell you..

..when I re-visit this title and to be damned again with the Beaver Bothers x2 again in the endgame, shall be my life crisis

Welcome+salute Xero!

hahaha yes when they make you do 15 beavers in 60 seconds or something like that, i was like, SERIOUSLY? even the nintendo coin felt less annoying. I did finally beat the game. I never had run through it completely before. i do have a special appreciation for all the Rare n64 games

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#629 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:03 am

Also again mus say how about our precious Banjo 2 I mean Tooie xP

..DK64 gets despised a lot as if a collectathon king (and yeh I'm aware of the not-so-long-ago discovery of a random ground smash a new rainbow coin appears L0L)

But for me Banjo Tooie takes the absolute cake of crap I mean the longest transitions and most slowdowns very frequent whilst the grand DK64 I've seen exhibit none of this

n yet I cherish Banjo Tooie may well be my favorite N64 title with DK64 and Perfect Dark definitely tied up absolute eye+ear candy to me every, fucking, play

Been doing Insurrection Industries' s-vid though, looks like just the same build quality as the blasted Monster cord, delicious! And before, I been used this no-name one big Canada eBayer s-vid think he's made them for long while but really crummy barely out-performs the compochit! And even funnier is that that's my first s-vid experience even though it's not 200% all there lol. 2012

hemipode
shadow

Post#630 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:16 am

image0.jpg

Return to “Lounge”