What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
krssn
Metallic

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#1141 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:00 am

mrneo240 wrote:I think I completed my seaman collection:

Seaman JP bundle, seaman ESA + book, Christmas seaman.

Is there something I'm missing? (Other than USA bundle)

Seaman 2001

seadart
lithium

Post#1142 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:00 pm

I brought several Dreamcast products this summer. I brought a VGA to HDMI upscaler box since my tv doesn't have a vga port for my vga box to use. The picture is not perfect (there is a lot of noise) but it is a improvement to the composite I was using since none of my family's tvs had vga or S-Video ports. The upscaler is a stopgap solution until I can save up money to buy either a OSSC or Framemeister and the necessary cables.

Next I brought a GDEMU and second Dreamcast with a new clock battery. I also brought the GDEMU 3d-printed tray to make the assembly more professional. The GDROM still works and I keep it somewhere safe in case the one in my original Dreamcast breaks. Having the second Dreamcast has made me appreciate the off-white color of the standard Dreamcast more. My first Dreamcast has yellowed, making me consider buying a replacement shell. Now I really enjoy the color contrast between my black Rhea installed Sega Saturn and the white Dreamcast sitting next to it. I brought the GDEMU over the USBGDROM only because I have such a great experience with my Rhea. Finally I brought a controller extension cable.

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#1143 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Pre-ordered me a copy of Battle Crust the other day after seeing the trailer. The game itself looks mediocre for a vertical shmup. But what really sold me was the fact that Hyakutaro Tsukumo did the soundtrack! He's only my favorite VGM composer. Pretty incredible if you ask me. Can't wait for it to come out!

cricci121
shadow

Post#1144 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 pm

Picked up a Dreamcast last week with 14 games, and the racing steering wheel. Ordered a couple more games to include speed devils, demolition racer, sega Marine fishing, zombie revenge, sonic adventure 1 and 2 and a couple more games. I picked up a blue vmu so I now have a VMU in black, red, blue and green. Was wanting to get all colored controllers but having a hard time justifying paying $30 for each controller if I want them in great condition.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#1145 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:44 am

seadart wrote:I brought several Dreamcast products this summer. I brought a VGA to HDMI upscaler box since my tv doesn't have a vga port for my vga box to use. The picture is not perfect (there is a lot of noise) but it is a improvement to the composite I was using since none of my family's tvs had vga or S-Video ports. The upscaler is a stopgap solution until I can save up money to buy either a OSSC or Framemeister and the necessary cables.

Next I brought a GDEMU and second Dreamcast with a new clock battery. I also brought the GDEMU 3d-printed tray to make the assembly more professional. The GDROM still works and I keep it somewhere safe in case the one in my original Dreamcast breaks. Having the second Dreamcast has made me appreciate the off-white color of the standard Dreamcast more. My first Dreamcast has yellowed, making me consider buying a replacement shell. Now I really enjoy the color contrast between my black Rhea installed Sega Saturn and the white Dreamcast sitting next to it. I brought the GDEMU over the USBGDROM only because I have such a great experience with my Rhea. Finally I brought a controller extension cable.

Invest in a decent surge protector bar with isolation and crap. It will help your noise

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#1146 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:33 am

Finally got a GDEMU!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GDEMU-Sega-DC- ... =R40&rt=nc

It was a clone but I don't really care. Not going to worry about updating the firmware either. Plus if I have issues with it, the seller will replace it for 30 days no questions asked. Bought it from an Ebay wholeseller of them in the UK because let's face it, UK to Texas mail is way faster than Chinese to Texas.

Only a tad bit more pricey than other clones, but with me dealing with a British seller I have more peace of mind. Was worth the extra cash to get earlier with more guarantee. Also they have 100% feedback with over 18 sold so I am happy.

All that is left for me to do is eventually build a DreamPI now so I can get my ass online!

seadart
lithium

Post#1147 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:29 pm

mrneo240 wrote:Invest in a decent surge protector bar with isolation and crap. It will help your noise

Thanks for the suggestion. I will buy a better surge protector but alot of the noise was eliminated when I replaced my 3.5mm audio cable with a superior cable to connect the vga box to the upscaler.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#1148 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:09 am

I'll be getting Evolution 2 later this week. I rented the first Evolution years ago, and never finished it, but it was okay. I know many think the sequel isn't great, but something tells me its one of the next DC titles to go up in value.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#1149 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:22 pm

A North American Shenmue Jukebox soundtrack CD.. :D

My limited edition Shenmue was missing that disc when I bought it and Ive been searching for a North American one for a couple of years..

I bought a Japanese one just to have one in the case.. every darn fleabay auction that had the one i needed also included 1 or 2 of the game discs or the pasport as well.. and I wasnt looking to pay 2/3 the price of the whole game just to get the soundtrack disc..

an FYI for those who dont already know..
the music and image printed on the disc is the same as the Japanese one.. but the tracklist is printed in a different place.. the Japanese version has the tracks to the right of the center hole Vs. under the hole

someone who has been listing one on fleabay for a few months now for 40 bucks finally decided to lower the price to 28 bucks.. 8-)

still more than i was willing to pay.. id go 20 max just because i never see them alone ya know?

I knew eventually he was gonna lower the price.. I had just been hoping that the guy would also add a best offer as well but he didnt.. :(

as I was being discouraged about that.. I noticed I had a gift card balance :shock:
I was given a fleabay gift card for christmas.. and in fact bought a sealed copy of Ooga Booga(since opened and played) with it.. for.. $17+change.. and then promptly completely forgot all about it.. :)

so in the end I got my $20 North American Shenmue Jukebox to FINALLY properly complete my limited edition box.. :D

P.S.
if that dude happens to read these forums..

y 4 u b gougin brah? shit aint worth that...

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#1150 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:00 am

I got my dreamcast a new outfit! I just need to reapply the logo on the lid.
Attachments
20180904_211756.jpg