redspot announces sturmwind limited edition

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: redspot announces sturmwind limited edition

Post#121 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:14 am

Finally received my email from Redspot! I still wish they would take advantage of the mediums available when such problems occur but at least now I can rest easy with that bit of assurance.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#122 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Well, it is almost March now. Hope everything goes smoothly and this game can get pressed and sent out. I want to see more videos of it!

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#123 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:40 pm

I agree with you dark. They are doin some damage to the games hype without Redspot saying a single thing about the game or releasing new footage of the game...
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#124 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:43 pm

I've gone back to thinking that they are just fucking with us and running off with the (probably quite small) amount of money we all gave them.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#125 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:50 pm

CD AGES wrote:I agree with you dark. They are doin some damage to the games hype without Redspot saying a single thing about the game or releasing new footage of the game...

Like not saying how limited the limited edition is...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#126 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Here's the overall good news though - the game exists. Redspot is the publisher, Duranik are the creators and there is plenty of evidence the game exists, and is one heck of an awesome looking homebrew game. Even if things get weirder or somehow worse on the Redspot publishing front, I think the absolute worst case scenario is that Duranik get's disgruntled and goes and gets it published elsewhere/some other way. Surely they, the game creators, who have put years into the game, want to see it get put out there, enjoyed, and talked about.

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#127 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 pm

True, but have you noticed that there is no publicity surrounding the game anymore? It feels like both parties have given up completely trying to sell this thing. Its kind of like when a movie is hyped as a concept and then gets a rushed release with no advertising whatsoever because they know it sucks and are trying to cut their losses. I have faith in Duranik but they have mediums through which to communicate to us as well and the fact that they've made no attempt to reach out makes me feel like they too have given up on their project.

Neohound
Gold Lion

redspot announces sturmwind limited edition

Post#128 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:26 am

Should those of us who've splashed out be worried or just put our fears down to irrational paranoia ?

What I cannot understand is the silence. Where is the marketing, advertising, liaising with definite and potential buyers ? The whole situation is just plain weird !

Realistically, how many buyers can they expect ? Are we talking 50, 100 or even 500 ? With the size of the DC community dwindling by the day, how does the company even know how many copies to get pressed let alone complete the rest of the manufacturing process.

Tbh I think they have displayed utter disregard for people's concerns so far and are coming across as arrogant and distant. Even Sega were never this bad.

Err......see my first line and question !

Duranik
Developer

Post#129 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:43 am

Sorry for the constant delays of the game. We are a little bit disappointed that some people always seems to claim that the game is vaporware and does not exist. Our lead tester (Omnibot2000) even replayed in this thread.

Another thing we can not really understand is why people payed for the game already, we have to check this with RSG because we clearly told them that there should be no payment until delivery.
As this product is done fully in our spare time, we have not much time to communicate or post news and blogs every week but if RSG does not finally
improve on this we may have to do some more on our own.
Last edited by Duranik on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#130 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:12 am

no one is saying that is vaporware, there are a few people who are concerned as its being constantly pushed back. And on the Red Spot Games there is no way to perform a pre-order WITHOUT paying for it that I could find, I've paid twice though as I ordered the initial/basic version and I then paid more to get the limited edition but Redspot games did refund me the innitial payment when I approached them so I don't see any problem.

Max Schaarl did say that we would be hearing about some stuff that would be free or something to tide us over until the release? Nothing on that yet though I guess?
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc