Soul Reaver 2 on DC ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Re: Soul Reaver 2 on DC ?

Post#21 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:33 am

In my eyes, videogames are art. Compare it to a famous painting. Imagine a collector would have bought the Mona Lisa and would sit on it and would be the only one who could look at it. No reprints, just the original. I'd say he is an egoistic asshole. Why doesn't he share the treasure with others? Because he paid for the fact that he is the only one able to enjoy it. That makes him feel special. I don't want those collectors to give us those games for free. I would pay for it. But that would ruin the feeling of being the one and only. That is what I meant when I said asshole. Maybe I'm wrong because I don't know all facts though.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#22 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Jesus Christ man1 Fuck Sega for pulling the plug too early! If they would have just supported it abroad like the did in japan till 2007 look what great games we would have had! Fuck Sega! Fuck them in the motherfucking neck!

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#23 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:03 pm

So someone has a copy of Soul Reaver 2......another version of HL........ mmmmm..........

Anyone up for a bit of daylight robbery ? Like a modern day Robin Hood, we could steal from the rich and give to the poor.

OK, so I jest, but I still can't help but think such owners should share and share alike. Hey, it'd be cool if someone released these as a gesture of goodwill, they would be able to bask in reflected glory for the rest of their days. Far better than staring at an unused G-dr :? I can't see the attraction of that myself.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#24 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:30 pm

Neohound wrote:Far better than staring at an unused G-dr :? I can't see the attraction of that myself.

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#25 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:41 pm

:lol: That would be easy then - like stealing candy off a baby :lol:

On second thoughts, that baby looks a little deranged......maybe we should call the whole thing off :?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Haha that is the cutest picture EVER!

Neohound wrote:So someone has a copy of Soul Reaver 2......another version of HL........ mmmmm..........

You mean another version of Half-Life? I was inquiring about that here.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=23097

Allegedly another version exist, but I have been unable to contact the person.

maverick
fire

Post#27 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:58 pm

Neohound wrote:OK, so I jest, but I still can't help but think such owners should share and share alike. Hey, it'd be cool if someone released these as a gesture of goodwill, they would be able to bask in reflected glory for the rest of their days. Far better than staring at an unused G-dr :? I can't see the attraction of that myself.

This problem is not only limited to the retro video game scene. I worked a couple odd jobs with libraries/archives and I was surprised at the amount of curators/collectors who will literally lie and hide items to keep it only for themselves. We called them "gate keepers" as they restricted all access so that they will be the only expert of that item.

Its mean, rude and childish but they really, really get off on the idea of having something unique. Remember, possession is nine-tenths of the law and, if they are not willing to share/barter, we're left out.
Keep dreaming.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#28 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:03 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Jesus Christ man1 F#ck Sega for pulling the plug too early! If they would have just supported it abroad like the did in japan till 2007 look what great games we would have had! F#ck Sega! F@ck them in the motherf#cking neck!

Despite the understandable profanity in that comment. I agree with ya dude. It was a really crappy move by sega to do that. I guess that is how sega saturn fans felt, when sega pulled the plug on their console too.

In the case of the dreamcast, I always had the feeling that despite the financial situation they were going through, if sega held on a bit longer, something good might have happened.
Last edited by beanboy on Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#29 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:12 pm

They had no choice they was losing $50- a console the more dreamcast they sold the more money they lost.. infact if they sold more they would be no sega to day.. they had to sell more then 3 games to break even .. with the dev's knowing the system was cracked no one was going to release this new games and have them so easy to crack.. sad but true thing.. If the dreamcast had no mil cd support you might seen some more games come out at the end.. not sega but the people making the games..-

beanboy
Wazza

Post#30 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:26 pm

True Ian. True.