capcom vs snk

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: capcom vs snk

Post#11 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:29 pm

@Ragfish
Okay so a few weeks ago, I bought Nakoruru's snow stage and Morrigans stage. Yep, Nakoruru's snow stage is in the original release of CvS1. That is one cool looking stage.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#12 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:01 am

beanboy wrote:@Ragfish
Okay so a few weeks ago, I bought Nakoruru's snow stage and Morrigans stage. Yep, Nakoruru's snow stage is in the original release of CvS1. That is one cool looking stage.

Nice, this game has some cool looking stages. It's not too hard to unlock Nakoruru or Morrigan's stages, but Akuma is really hard. This game's unlock system is so counter intuitive, punishing you for doing things that are normally good. It took me a long time to unlock him.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#13 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:45 pm

Yeah, that groove system thing is a bit wonky. I beat my opponent with a super move, I get 4 points. But when I accidently beat my opponent with a low roundhouse trip, I get a whopping 40 points added on. And you lose points sometimes for reasons that don't make sense at all, making it hard to encounter, and unlock secret characters.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#14 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:50 am

It can help to go to options and set it so that your super meter is always at max, as the game will rarely punish you for using super moves.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#15 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Yeah, I did that a few weeks ago with Evil Ryu and Ryu team, and it helped, because I was then fortunate to fight Akuma. :D

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#16 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:44 am

Awesome! Glad to hear it.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#17 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:49 pm

Yeah. 8-)

beanboy
Wazza

Post#18 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:10 pm

Now all I have to do, is buy all of the EX characters.
This might take a while.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#19 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Was busy playing some other dreamcast games and games on snes like Killer Instinct. Time for me to make more points, and buy the rest of stuff in the secret factor shop. Strangely enough, all of a sudden, I'm feeling to play Iori and EX Iori. :lol:

JetSetRadioo
shadow

Post#20 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:24 am

Which version is best/recommended?