Sega canceling games, cutting jobs in US and Europe

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Xeoloux
undertow

Re: Sega canceling games, cutting jobs in US and Europe

Post by Xeoloux »

If Phantasy Star 2 takes a bullet I will be pissed!
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Nuglet_McJunior wrote:Sega intentionally removed their name from the Dreamcast brand. Let's be honest, Sega was a joke at this point in time, and the only way anyone was going to get on board with the Dreamcast is if it wasn't associated with the Sega name.

When Sega Enterprises,LTD became Sega Corporation in 2000, the indications were already there that they were already packing up their hardware division. Removing their name from the Dreamcast logo, showed that they were running out of options.
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None for the moment I'm afraid... lol

Post by elmagicochrisg »

dark wrote:MrSega, I'm continually surprised and mystified by your incomplete and incorrect knowledge of Sega's past, and at the bizarre conclusions you present for Sega's future.

Care to explain?...

cabou wrote:impotent marketers

I'm sure you meant incompetent... :lol:
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)
MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Xeoloux wrote:If Phantasy Star 2 takes a bullet I will be pissed!

I highly doubt it will, since its a PC game and is being developed for Androids.

This news is only bad news for those own non Sega platforms especially Nintendo fans.

Dark. I don't understand. Everything I posted historically about Sega is accurate.
cabou
letterbomb

Post by cabou »

I'm sure you meant incompetent... :lol:

you understood my message was not ambiguous. this is what counts ! :mrgreen:
cabou
letterbomb

Post by cabou »

CD AGES wrote:^
Cabou: If I may with regards to your comment regarding the European dreamcast exposure and marketing tactics (which I do recall reading to be such a disaster out there), I remember reading somewhere that Sega left such resposibilities to outside sources and with a very limited budget of all things... have you heard anything regarding this???

don't know about budget considerations.

the only thing i can tell is that the adds at televions were extremely rare and totally inefficient. none around me kwew what the Dreamcast was...
just two seconds of add with soulcalibur images would have made the fate of the dreamcast totally different I'm sure. but they preferred hide it ! :x (as all the other amazing stuff...) remember poeple were all still playing Tekken 3 at that time and considered it as most beautiful fight game in the world... :?

for comparison, today, and since the wii release, I count frequently up to 6 Nintendo adds in one only advertising cut !

nintendo knows about investment, no need to make tens of millions dollars games: one mini game programmed in flash by two chinese jailers in 24h. a huge marketing campaign and there it goes !
MistaBuck
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: VIDEO GAMES WTF ARE THOSE

Post by MistaBuck »

Mfw
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mWW6kRITEY[/youtube]
Natural Harmonia Gropius