King of Fighters Break Down

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: King of Fighters Break Down

Post#41 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:37 pm

Aye! A KOF thread? Cool! :D

beanboy
Wazza

Post#42 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:23 pm

RunNShoot wrote:Someone said that Last Blade 2: Final Edition is Last Blade 1. Confusing right?

Thanks!

Wait.......Whaaaaaaaaaat?! :shock:

beanboy
Wazza

Post#43 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:28 pm

It is really cool, that Dreamcast got 5 KOF games.
I wish they got a few more though, but still, that is cool. :D

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#44 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:41 pm

Well you got the rest va neo4all or dreamneo

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#45 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:06 am

Would have been nice to have KOF 2k3. That way the DC would be able to play every neogeo KOF. It almost seems like it would have been possible, I think SNK was releasing stuff like KOF 2k2 in 2003 for dreamcast, a few years after the platform was officially discontinued. I know it can be run through emulation, but since it was a massive cartridge, the hiccups you get through lack of ram, and/or having to delete the sound effects to reduce the ram footprint kill the enjoyment to me for emulating it on the DC.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#46 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:20 pm

I for one am glad that the final KoF game the Dream cast received was arguably the best one. 2K3 is just awful mess of a game. SVC Chaos would have been a better choice for SNK to release as the final game in the DC imo, since I believe that game came out before 2K3 did or around the same period.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

beanboy
Wazza

Post#47 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:27 am

CD AGES wrote:I for one am glad that the final KoF game the Dream cast received was arguably the best one. 2K3 is just awful mess of a game. SVC Chaos would have been a better choice for SNK to release as the final game in the DC imo, since I believe that game came out before 2K3 did or around the same period.

Yeah, I wish SVC Chaos was released on the dreamcast.
To this day, I still wish snk did that. Such a wasted opportunity. :p

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#48 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:05 pm

does anyone have SNK Vs Capcom - SVC Chaos working with audio in CDI/ISO ?
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

beanboy
Wazza

Post#49 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:56 pm

KOF is a series I myself enjoy. There are lots of days, where I literally prefer it over the Street Fighter series. And KOF, or should I say SNK, has alot of the best character designs ever. Like Kula Diamond, Shen, Angel, Vanessa, Athena, Blue Mary etc. And their characters have alot of personality too.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#50 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:11 am

2002 is my personal favorite but objectively 98 is probably the best KOF game around