King of Fighters Break Down

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: King of Fighters Break Down

Post#31 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Wow! RDC to the rescue LOL! Hey, is there any way to get the 97 port running on DC with the Arraged soundtrack? Ohh how awesome it would be to play 97 with the CD soundtrack on Dreamcast!
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#32 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:53 pm

CD AGES wrote:Wow! RDC to the rescue LOL! Hey, is there any way to get the 97 port running on DC with the Arraged soundtrack? Ohh how awesome it would be to play 97 with the CD soundtrack on Dreamcast!

I sort of doubt it. It's odd but you don't seem to be able to change the music in NeoGeo games. Maybe it's something with the NEO4ALL emulator. Hardak was trying to change the music in Galaxy Fight but the game wasn't working with his swapped tracks for whatever reason.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:02 am

Don't the standard NEO CD versions of the KOF games have the arranged soundtracks as the CDDA? In that case, a RDC release of the neocd version of KOF97 via NEO4ALL would of course have the arranged soundtrack. This is nothing to do with subbing in new tracks from a separate soundtrack cd.

RunNShoot
undertow

Post#34 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:14 pm

I like the no music background in 97 too. Only thing is they should have added a play by play announcer. That would have REALLY made for a tournament presentation.

After playing all the FFs and KoF for the last few days, KoF 2k2 has become my favorite with the fatal fury bouts coming in second.

I don't like FF3 and FFS because the success rate for D DF R attacks seems to not be as accurate as the later games released.

RunNShoot
undertow

Post#35 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 pm

I can also turn the aggravating flash off in 2k2...

+1

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#36 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:06 pm

I can also turn the aggravating flash off in 2k2...

Yes! I too am always greatful when a fighting game gives you the ability to disable flash! I simply hate flash!
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post#37 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:55 pm

dark wrote:
I always wondered why SNK took out the music in KOF97. It was very weird at the time. And it didn't make the game any better at all. Oh well.

I thought it worked pretty well in Last Blade. But having the ambiance better fits a 19th century samurai duel rather than a bunch of dudes who look like 1980s/1990s rock stars battling it out.

I agree. Same goes for some of the stages in the Samurai Spirits series. Worked rather well, and made for some intense matches.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#38 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:27 am

ReviveDC release of King of Fighters '97 is available here.

RunNShoot
undertow

Post#39 » Mon May 14, 2012 12:01 am

after a few weeks of play here is my Fatal Fury break down. I will break the KoF series next.

Ranking

#1 Fatal Fury MOTF: Most fluid animation of all time in Fatal Fury. Got rid of the 2 plane system which is a plus for me. 10 years in the future of FF series but lack of characters such as MAI is a huge complain. Best FF to date, best gameplay. Awesome SPECIALS and COUNTERS and TOP. Simply the best. Another big complaint, I CANT USE THE ANALOG STICK unlike RB imports.. MOTF forces you to use the D-PAD, not as responsive to HCF/HCB IMO

A - I MISS MAI :,(

#2 Fatal Fury Real Bout 2 - Fastest gameplay of the real bout series. Minor detail updates from RBS. Gameplay changed the 2 plane system where you step in the 2nd plane and not stay in it like RBS and 3. Not my favorite.

B+

#3 Fatal Fury Real Bout Special - Could be considered the best one depending on your preference. I like the 2 plane system where I can stay and do moves and can leave and join and fight in the planes.

B+

#4 Fatal Fury Real Bout - Only Fatal Fury of all time to have a RING OUT!! Which is cool verse your friends and cheesy verse the computer!! 2 Plane system of steping in and out and not staying.

B+

#5 Fatal Fury Special - Slower gameplay then the real bout series. Also no specials, but this version and 3 allows for desperation attacks. Nothing really new from the previes version 3. The movelist is also not as responsives as MOTW and RB series. Graphics arent as fluid and good as RB series.

C+

#6 Fatal Fury 3 - See Above Fatal Fury Special

C+

Really the Real Bout Series are the same with different updates to each one. The fact RB2 has a slightly smoother faster gameplay is the reason its ahead of RBS but RBS has the plane system I enjoy way better then the step in step out step in step out hit step out run accross screen step in hit. Let me know what you think!

RunNShoot
undertow

Post#40 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:04 am

Can anyone tell me the difference between "Last Blade 2: Final Edition" and "Last Blade 2: Heart of the Samari"

I have researched it and cant find a clear cut answer. Is it just the blood animation difference or are the games completely different? Someone said that Last Blade 2: Final Edition is Last Blade 1. Confusing right?

Thanks!