VMU archiving project

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
streeker
fragger

Re: VMU archiving project

Post#21 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Update:

++ added four new items:
Culdcept 2: Culdcept 2 - Pocket Book [Application]
Let's Make: J-League Professional Soccer Club! 1: Make Soccer Anywhere [Application]
Let's Play: Japanese Professional Baseball Team!: Let's Play! VMU Trade [Application]
Tantei Shinshi Dash!: Minto To Issho [Minigame]
Last edited by streeker on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

krssn
Metallic

Post#22 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:17 pm

Very nice project. Kudos... ^^

streeker
fragger

Post#23 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Update:

++ added four new items:
Kiteretsu Shounen's Gangagan: Kotodamashi Encyclopedia [Application]
Let's Make: J-League Professional Soccer Club! 2: Make Soccer Anywhere [Application]
Sakura Taisen Online - Paris No Yuugana Hibi: VM Business Card Exchange-Kun [Application]
Sakura Taisen Online - Teito No Nagai Hibi: VM Business Card Exchange-Kun [Application]
Last edited by streeker on Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#24 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:38 am

The only missing game (for now):

Eve Zero - Ark Of The Matter

streeker
fragger

Post#25 » Thu May 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Okay, over the last couple of years I have managed to track down 96 official VMU ROMs. In the end I'm planning on releasing them on a modified version of Speud's "Dream Explorer / VMU Tool" - which enables you to try them out via emulation or even to install/copy them to a regular VMU. But, before this is happening, I'd really like to get hold of the two very last missing ROMs, so that the whole thing would become something you can call "complete" once and for all. Unfortunately the two games, that offer the remaining VMU items are completely in Japanese. I myself won't be able to gather these VMU extras, since they should pop up somewhere within the game or even not before beating the game (not exactly sure about this) and overall I'm totally lost in translation ;)

So, here's the thing: Is there anybody capable of reading/understanding Japanese, who's willing to help on finishing this project? It's about playing the following games via an emulator up to the point, where the VMU extras become available. The two games are:

- EVE ZERO - ARK OF THE MATTER (comes with a shooting minigame)
- SAKURA MOMOKO GEKIJOU - COJICOJI (comes with a clock called "CojiCoji Watch")

If required, I could provide download links (for the ISOs) and help setting up the emulator.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#26 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:15 pm

Sega's Japanese game list is pretty thorough on listing variants, and I noticed you also skimmed the pages looking for the minigames.

I just want to make an observation that there aren't many Western developed games on this list, and some secrets may be out there still. I feel that the VMU is like the online service for the console where it existed and was a neat feature, but was never properly utilized. or, as the fanboys say DREAMCAST WAS AHEAD OF ITS TIME!!!

Here are a few titles from our list so far
Evil Twin
Quake III (is this a game???)
Speed Devils
Trickstyle
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

Blai
photon blast

Post#27 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Is it complete yet?

Can you provide a full list of what you have?

streeker
fragger

Post#28 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Blai wrote:Is it complete yet?

Who do address? Me, I have all the stuff that's listed in the first post of this thread? And I will release a complete set, once the last missing piece ("Eve Zero") is found. Hopefully "Pier Solar" will be released anytime soon, too....

streeker
fragger

Post#29 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:58 pm

OatBob wrote:Here are a few titles from our list so far
Evil Twin
Quake III (is this a game???)
Speed Devils
Trickstyle

I'm sorry. What do you mean by this? I don't quite get it.

Blai
photon blast

Post#30 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:01 pm

streeker wrote:
Blai wrote:Is it complete yet?

Who do address? Me, I have all the stuff that's listed in the first post of this thread? And I will release a complete set, once the last missing piece ("Eve Zero") is found. Hopefully "Pier Solar" will be released anytime soon, too....

Oh sorry mate!! I'm so used to go to the last page that I didn't look at the first post. Ok, so you only need Eve Zero's vmu game and you will release the compilation? Can't wait for this! :)