Dreamcast Games that are raising in price?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
beanboy
Wazza

Re: Dreamcast Games that are raising in price?

Post#31 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Nice.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#32 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Wow! Rainbow Cotton for $300.
Last edited by beanboy on Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:21 am

y33h33

beanboy
Wazza

Post#34 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:07 pm

If a dreamcast game on amazon or ebay etc, ever costs a million dollars, I'm going to laugh. :lol:

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#35 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:29 am

I dont see how people are justifying these prices. Elemental gimmick gear is over 100 bucks now? Yea right that game was a 10 to 20 bucks not too long ago. Cannon spike was like 60 bucks like 7 yrs ago 400 now? Woah. I love me dreamcast but i guess ill just have to import japanese versions of some games as long as they arent rpgs.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#36 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:55 pm

cloofoofoo wrote:I dont see how people are justifying these prices. Elemental gimmick gear is over 100 bucks now? Yea right that game was a 10 to 20 bucks not too long ago. Cannon spike was like 60 bucks like 7 yrs ago 400 now? Woah. I love me dreamcast but i guess ill just have to import japanese versions of some games as long as they arent rpgs.

Again, it's a combo collectors going for full sets (and it's popular to collect for the Dreamcast right now. Also, always look at sold listings, not just the listings), the fact that many of these games didn't see large print runs and those two games in particular have never gotten released anywhere else (except for possibly the arcade). It's a perfect storm for high prices.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#37 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Powerstone 2 is being sold for over $375.00 brand new on amazon. :shock:
That is quite a big jump in price. It was like around $200 the other day.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#38 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:54 pm

Combine hard to find and/or high in demand games for vintage platforms in sealed/unopened form and you'll get the; NO WAY SOMEONE PAID THIS MUCH FOR IT-lottery :lol:

In general though I do think with only a very few exceptions, Dreamcast games are incredible reasonably priced.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#39 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:17 am

Hey. You have a good point there.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#40 » Wed May 06, 2020 12:25 am

I think youtube echo chamber is in full effects and geting the full set is in.. got have all those games behind you on self collecting dust to prove your a gamer lol

Dreamcast now is more known then what it was a few years ago