Dreamcast Games that are raising in price?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast Games that are raising in price?

Post#21 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:36 pm

Feedback system is stupid hard on Amazon

beanboy
Wazza

Post#22 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:33 pm

:lol:

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#23 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:46 pm

Shenmue II took a huge nosedive in ebay value ever since the re-releases. I've hung on to my copy despite not playing it since 2002, was kinda hoping the re-releases would stoke interest and increase price :) Just goes to show hanging on to games is not an investment strategy.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#24 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:22 pm

Did it really thought I got lucky with newer seller but the stupid teeth are chewed up (*rimshot*) and I need another pair of clamshells

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#25 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:42 am

I think the PAL version used to sell for as much as $150 on a good day before the re-release, now you can pick it up for about $60 if you wait for the right deal.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#26 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:14 pm

Yeh $40 $5 ship here durn discs don't sit very good dawh well

beanboy
Wazza

Post#27 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm

Metropolis Street Racer (brand new), is being sold for less than $30 on ebay.
On amazon, it's less than $60.

On amazon, Capcom vs. Snk Millenium Fight 2000 (brand new), is being sold for $200.
On ebay it's way less.

cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#28 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:05 pm

I was checking regular games like zombie revenge , mortal Kombat gold and skies of Arcadia and these games weren't alll that expensive especially the first two were just a few bucks on eBay are like 40 to 70 bucks wtf. Then I checked games like Sakura wars and a few other common Japan titles and they are 20 bucks. Whats up with the prices of American games. Kinda infuriating really.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#29 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 am

People are going for complete US collections right now, and there are still quite a few games that didn't get released on other platforms. Combine that with how relatively poorly most third-party games sold, and there you do.

But like I said a page or two back, don't look to Amazon for accurate market rates of older, sealed games.

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#30 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:54 am

i like using this website to check prices, if no one has seen it. https://www.pricecharting.com/console/sega-dreamcast