shenmue 3 how much did you fund?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: shenmue 3 how much did you fund?

Post#31 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:57 am

Pledged $175, as I want that physical art book. The really should rework the rewards tiers though. That huge gap between $500 and $3000 dollars is quite odd. Not to mention a lot of digital rewards. So happy to see this finally happening, but this kickstarter needs help financially and on the admin level too.

I don't even have a PS4, nor to I play to buy one as I am already deeply invested in the MS side of things. And my Laptop will really be showing its age in 3 more years. So I don't even have a machine to play this game on yet. I'll figure that one out later. Those holding out because there is no physical release are ridiculous.

Suzuki tweeted earlier today more stretch goals are going to be posted soon. I am more so hoping he consolidates some of them. We know Portuguese is coming and they are looking into Chinese subtitles. More language options opens the doors to more potential backers, but how much I can't really even begin to estimate.

They need to get paypal options added in, as not everyone in the world is like Americans carrying around 5 credit/debit cards in their wallet. For most Japanese people, ordering stuff online is done through bank transfers, paid at convenience stores, or COD. Paying with a card is catching on here, but it is in no way the most common way to pay stuff online. Adding a paypal option would probably bring more JP people in.

I'm doing my best to spread the word, heck I even got one of the bartenders here to back the kickstarter. He played the games in college but had no idea there was a 3rd game coming.

Caspian
core

Post#32 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 pm

I think that with the current rate, they should be happy if they reach the 4 million target. Hopefully things will speed up a bit as the kickstarter nears its end.

Given what they are trying to accomplish, I would agree that this effort could have been better organized and thought-out.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#33 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:56 pm

Yeah, right now they only have stretch goals up to $5 million, and after the first few days the campaign has lost a lot of steam (probably cause all the people clamoring for it already funded it).

I actually like how they're doing the rewards, with few of the expensive physical perks (which I've heard can be a big money pit for projects that offer them), and the steep discount for the digital copy (without having the manual be a higher tier!) is a welcome change for the industry.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#34 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:18 am

Im thinkingwe can hit 4m before the final days, then 5m in the last few days. Unless a miracle happens. Im doing my best to promote the kickstarter, but it needs help

Caspian
core

Post#35 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:48 am

There was a small bump today, mainly coming from the new 1000$ and 2000$ donation categories. Other than that, the campaign seems to be going somewhere between 300-400 backers/day and 20-30000$/day. With that pace, the 5 mil target seems to have slim chances.

I think that a good opportunity was missed with the replica jacket. A lot more people would have shown interest for a lower price, possibly amounting a much greater sum than the one collected by the 24 donors (so far). All the gifts have a value proportionate to the one donated, this obviously does not. 3000$ is just too much. Too bad... :cry:

krssn
Metallic

Post#36 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:47 am

Caspian wrote:All the gifts have a value proportionate to the one donated, this obviously does not.

You really think so?...

In all honesty, now that the first euphoria has passed, I feel like most of them rip you off instead of rewarding you for being a backer. Virtually none of the rewards cover the pledges IMHO. The $1000 and $2000 rewards only seem to reinforce that thought. Shenhua statue? Those things don't sell for shit on eBay. Yet it's part of a super rare promo item package!? Come on...

And those goals. Meaningless blabber most of them. After 14 years it should already be quite clear how Yu wants the game to be. I don't want anything less, but nothing more either...

Meager rewards for what you back, petty goals to squeeze some more...

Feel free to disagree...

Caspian
core

Post#37 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:16 pm

No, I do not disagree in general. I think all of the donations from 250$ and above are not quite worth the gifts given, with the mismatch between the donation and the gift increasing as the donation increases. And also the way the goals are presented is flawed. For example, what does "Baisha village expanded infiltration mission" mean? And if the goal is achieved, does this means the missions at Baisha village will be detailed with great design, but on the rest of the areas of the game the will be less developed?

That's why I mentioned above that the whole think should have been better thought out. As I also said, I have faith in Yu Suzuki and I will support his effort, but only to the degree I deem reasonable.

sverige-warrior
core

Post#38 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:52 am

im just glad someones working on it
what can you tell me about that day the snow turned to rain?

MrTechnoSqueek
lithium

Post#39 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:37 am

I pledged the $60 for the physical PC version

ae.tc
Anarki

Post#40 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:54 am

lastcallgames wrote:... after the first few days the campaign has lost a lot of steam (probably cause all the people clamoring for it already funded it) ...

-kicktraq trend & projection

• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••