shenmue 3 how much did you fund?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
sverige-warrior
core

Re: shenmue 3 how much did you fund?

Post#41 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:14 am

ya its lost steam and wont beat blood stained
what can you tell me about that day the snow turned to rain?

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#42 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:30 pm

I think a lot of people either rushed to back it when it was announced (like, most of the people here, and myself), and then it kinda backed off, since nobody has been able to play it for ages.

It did pick up today, probably because the physical PS4 edition was announced. I'm gonna double my pledge for that.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#43 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:34 pm

Yea physical ps4 pledges really helped. I cant think of anything else they can do to bring new buyers. They need to start advertising in the final week. A thats how kickstarters get their final spike at the end. Those dont just happen. I hope they have some newsworthy promotions lined up in the next week.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#44 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:00 am

It really picked up a lot on Friday when they announced the PS4 version. That's its third highest day ever (after days 1 and 2 obviously).

Who knows, if they can get another big announcement (XB1 or Wii U version, Sega making 1+2 HD) maybe they can get well over $5 million.

sverige-warrior
core

Post#45 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:39 am

lastcallgames wrote:It really picked up a lot on Friday when they announced the PS4 version. That's its third highest day ever (after days 1 and 2 obviously).

Who knows, if they can get another big announcement (XB1 or Wii U version, Sega making 1+2 HD) maybe they can get well over $5 million.

1 + 2 hd might do it or even an official soundtrack reward
what can you tell me about that day the snow turned to rain?

Caspian
core

Post#46 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:00 pm

It will be very hard to reach 5 mil., but it is not impossible. It is reasonable to assume that someone not familiar with the previous 2 games does not have any particular reason to contribute. And given that so many years have passed since Shenmue 1&2, it is also reasonable to assume that most of the players that enjoyed these games are no longer engaged with video games so much.

However the last days should see some increased contributions so lets hope for the best. If Shenmue 3 turns out to be a very good game, any possible future Kickstarters will be even more successful.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#47 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Caspian wrote:And given that so many years have passed since Shenmue 1&2, it is also reasonable to assume that most of the players that enjoyed these games are no longer engaged with video games so much.

On the other hand, you could also consider that a benefit: the people who grew up playing Shenmue are now adults with jobs and can thus afford to contribute to the campaign. If they were all still kids, the campaign wouldn't get very far on their allowances. :lol:
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Caspian
core

Post#48 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:30 am

Aleron Ives wrote:On the other hand, you could also consider that a benefit: the people who grew up playing Shenmue are now adults with jobs and can thus afford to contribute to the campaign. If they were all still kids, the campaign wouldn't get very far on their allowances. :lol:

True :!:

RealisticDolphin
shadow

Post#49 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:14 pm

I want to but I'm deadbeat broke.

Caspian
core

Post#50 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:19 pm

RealisticDolphin wrote:I want to but I'm deadbeat broke.

I too have maxed out my credit card, I have to wait 7 more days before I can pledge the rest of the sum I need for my PC copy!!! :lol: