Virtua Athlete 2k

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
gjb1985
drunken sailor

Virtua Athlete 2k

Post#1 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:37 pm

ok why does this game get sol much hatred? also pretty bad reviews even back in the day. for me it's one of the 3 best multiplayer games ever made along with rush 2049. Did nobody understand the hobby mechanic in create an athlete either? this feature alone makes it the best and deepest track and field type of game imo.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Re: Virtua Athlete 2k

Post#2 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:38 pm

In case anybody else likes this game, what are your records?

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Never played this one. I received it as a gift from Dreamcastgaga but I have not come around to playing it. Although, I like track and field games. (I loved ESPN Track and Field back in the day).

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#4 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:32 pm

this one is a LOT better. the whole create an athlete with interests makes this game unique. if you make an athlete with interests like woodcutter, arm wrestler and tug of war your athlete will actually look really bulky and become very strong in javelin and shot put for instance but weaker in sprints and jumps

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#5 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:52 pm

I like the game and have some good records, I'll record some footage or screenshots and upload them.

See if you can beat mine :)
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#6 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:52 am

DreamcastUK wrote:I like the game and have some good records, I'll record some footage or screenshots and upload them.

See if you can beat mine :)

yes, please do!! I really wonder how strong my records are. the only thing me and my friends suck at is 100 metres and 110 metres hurdles. no idea how you can win that

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#7 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:44 am

Maybe the old track and field sock trick :)

I will be uploading videos to my YouTube channel tonight I might even stream live on twitch
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#8 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:36 am

have you done it yet? :)