Does anyone play emulators on their dreamcast ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Family Dog
Anarki

Re: Does anyone play emulators on their dreamcast ?

Post#11 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:46 am

I frequently use a Game Boy emulator, only because I don't like handheld systems that much.

dan1234 wrote:Well yeah if one existed, probably. I've always wondered why we do not have a working nintendo 64 emulator by now

I swear there was a video of someone who got Super Mario 64 working at about 3 fps on the Dreamcast years ago. I'm not sure what emulator it was though. I'll see if I can find it. Sadly a functioning N64 emulator is a pipe dream I think.
@guacasaurus_mex

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#12 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:51 am

Family Dog wrote:I frequently use a Game Boy emulator, only because I don't like handheld systems that much.

dan1234 wrote:Well yeah if one existed, probably. I've always wondered why we do not have a working nintendo 64 emulator by now

I swear there was a video of someone who got Super Mario 64 working at about 3 fps on the Dreamcast years ago. I'm not sure what emulator it was though. I'll see if I can find it. Sadly a functioning N64 emulator is a pipe dream I think.

Why is that, though? I would think the Dreamcast is sufficiently powerful to emulate N64 games...

davyK
rebel

Post#13 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:44 pm

NESTER-DC is magnificent. Beautiful emulator - supports game saves AND save states.

Games play , look and sound great.

Region free of course - and unlocks the wonderful and weird Japanese Famicom library and for that alone it is highly recommended.

There is a PAL build too if you are stuck with a 50Hz display.

And it runs in VGA.