Dreamcast Game Protectors

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
randombrewer
shadow

Dreamcast Game Protectors

Post#1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi everyone, I wanted to know what kind of game protectors you guys use for the DC game big boxes. Alien Front Onine and Seaman both have kind of the same width as a jewel case but are longer and thicker. I measured both and they are pretty much the same size as Lunar 1 for PS1 but almost half as thick. Do you guys have any recommendations? Thanks!

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Re: Dreamcast Game Protectors

Post#2 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:54 pm

I use resealable jewel case sleeves on all my games as well, if that's what your talking about. For Alien Front, Seaman, and Shenmue 2 I cut up multiple sleeves and taped them together in a way that creates a sort of double wide one. It fits for these games but the top inch or so of the box is exposed. Good enough to prevent shelf wear though.

randombrewer
shadow

Re: Dreamcast Game Protectors

Post#3 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:50 pm

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I got really nice boxes on both games so I want to prevent corner and edge wear. I just ordered a gameboy advance box protector and will try it and see if it works well. The dimensions are fairly similar but according to my measurements, it should have a few mms of space. I'll post once I get them. Thanks for the reply!