Crazy taxi 2 classic game ?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Crazy taxi 2 classic game ?

Post#1 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:42 pm

Games like shenmue 2 and sonic adventure 2 which were released after the dreamcast was discontinued are sequels to 2 of the most popular dreamcast games and are considered to be classic titles but crazy taxi 2 also a sequel to one of the most popular dreamcast games isn't really considered a classic game and not many people talk about it all when talking about the best dreamcast games . I wonder why that it maybe it has something to do with the fact that crazy taxi 2 was never released in the arcades and the first title was which is one of if not the last popular arcade game in the west.
Last edited by androiddreamcast on Sat May 28, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Crazy taxi 2 classic game ?

Post#2 » Sat May 28, 2016 1:54 pm

Compared to the first game, the maps are very restrictive. There aren't many choices for choosing your own path to the destination. I also found both maps in CT2 confusing due to the lack of variety in the environment. By contrast, High Roller was too open to drive around in. The first Crazy Taxi just hit the sweet spot.

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#3 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:27 pm

The original Crazy Taxi is the best one, but imo CT2 is a classic too. From the distance of time i measure the games by the amount i've played back in the day and if i would still invest time in them. CT1, man i've played hundreds and hundreds of hours, CT2 not so much, but at least a hundred hours have gone into it... and of course all the crazy boxes and pyramids. I think CT didn't need a jump, on the other hand its fun and very well done.

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#4 » Mon May 30, 2016 6:43 am

The consensus opinion is that CT1 is superior. CT2 was OK. But most of us prefer the original.

With SA and Shenmue there is a lot of debate as to whether the originals were better or the sequels.

MrTechnoSqueek
lithium

Post#5 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:23 am

my grandma bought the sequel when it came out because all the grandchildren enjoyed the first one. I didn't play much of the second one so I dont really know the levels to actually get a good grade. So I just kept playing the original.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#6 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Objectively its really just a well deserved extension of the first game that plays just as good if not better.

Subjectively I like the map in the first one better and feels most nostalgic because I remember playing it in the arcades. I just wish there was a hack to give it the jump mechanic like the 2nd one ;)

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#7 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:27 pm

Crazy Taxi 2 is a game I haven't played as much as I'd like. My biggest gripe is the in-game controller configuration; you can't map the jump button in a comfortable place. I either have to use Madctaz pad with programmable buttons or use a Thrustmaster PS2 controller via an adapter.

One thing that gets forgotten about with Crazy Taxi 2 is the DLC that came from the old Sega Hitmaker microsite. This wasn't well known about and very few people remember it. Thankfully the whole set was uploaded to an ancient Angelfire website which I came across back in 2010. PCWZRD13 even made a video about it

I don't host the files anymore but you can pick them up from DCDLC.com
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:51 pm

rjay63 wrote:

This link should be hosted on dreamcast talk so more people can access it

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#9 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:30 pm

androiddreamcast wrote:
rjay63 wrote:

I thought the website was easy to remember offhand.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#10 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:34 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
androiddreamcast wrote:
rjay63 wrote:

I thought the website was easy to remember offhand.

It but people might not even know about it If it was on this website more people might see or alternatively there could just be a link to the website it is currently hosted on