Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide

Post#531 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:31 am

The internal IP address is the LAN IP address of the VOIP adapter. Make sure you have UDP chosen for the protocol.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#532 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:33 am

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:The internal IP address is the LAN IP address of the VOIP adapter. Make sure you have UDP chosen for the protocol.

Any idea how I can find out the LAN IP address? Or is it just the IP address my router assigns it?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#533 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:55 am

Have you gone through the VoIP setup process? One of the first steps is giving it a static IP.

yuyumaster
noob

Post#534 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:29 am

Hi everyone, I have some doubts that I'd like to clear out before making the investment in all the materials needed (netlink adapter, VoIP, wires, etc.). I really want to play Duke Nukem 3D online, but ain't got an ODE, just burnt copies and an action replay flashed with Pseudo. The question is: can I (anyhow) do it using my AR cart first to launch the game and then inserting the Netlink cart to play online? My Saturn is 50/60hz and region modified (2 different switches, region one has 3 positions), but that's all.

I'm also an European player, so in case that changing the AR for the Netlink adapter once the game has been loaded, would grabbing a copy of DN3D NTSC USA, switching the region of my PAL Saturn to USA and inserting the Netlink into the cartridge slot be the only way to play this game online without using Fenrir, Phoebe, Satiator or similar?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to everyone involved in this matter for all the tutorials and guides you're providing, you guys are awesome for keeping this thing alive in 2021.

Xiden
Developer

Post#535 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:09 pm

yuyumaster wrote:Hi everyone, I have some doubts that I'd like to clear out before making the investment in all the materials needed (netlink adapter, VoIP, wires, etc.). I really want to play Duke Nukem 3D online, but ain't got an ODE, just burnt copies and an action replay flashed with Pseudo. The question is: can I (anyhow) do it using my AR cart first to launch the game and then inserting the Netlink cart to play online? My Saturn is 50/60hz and region modified (2 different switches, region one has 3 positions), but that's all.

I'm also an European player, so in case that changing the AR for the Netlink adapter once the game has been loaded, would grabbing a copy of DN3D NTSC USA, switching the region of my PAL Saturn to USA and inserting the Netlink into the cartridge slot be the only way to play this game online without using Fenrir, Phoebe, Satiator or similar?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to everyone involved in this matter for all the tutorials and guides you're providing, you guys are awesome for keeping this thing alive in 2021.

I know we had someone do this very thing successfully for awhile until they got a ODE. Just a word of caution that the expansion slot on the saturn can be janky at times, just take extra care when swapping.

namine207
core

Post#536 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:14 am

I can’t seem to find an unlocked SPA-1001 anywhere. Tons of SPA-2001s though. Are there any other models that work?

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#537 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:00 am

since i have an actual landline..does that mean i can play saturn games online without all the setup with voip, etc?

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#538 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am

If you find the other unicorns with actual copper landlines, a Netlink, and free long distance to play with, yes.

Xiden
Developer

Post#539 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:03 pm

namine207 wrote:I can’t seem to find an unlocked SPA-1001 anywhere. Tons of SPA-2001s though. Are there any other models that work?

They usually pop on ebay if you look for linksys spa1001. Eventually when funds allow me to ill test newer models like spa112 and see if they work, which they should since ot appears to have the same settings

namine207
core

Post#540 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:23 pm

Xiden wrote:
namine207 wrote:I can’t seem to find an unlocked SPA-1001 anywhere. Tons of SPA-2001s though. Are there any other models that work?

They usually pop on ebay if you look for linksys spa1001. Eventually when funds allow me to ill test newer models like spa112 and see if they work, which they should since ot appears to have the same settings

Ooh ok no problem, I'll keep an eye out! In the meantime, I'm working on getting Planetweb up and running- I'm using a Fenrir ODE. Is there an ISO/CUE or BIN/CUE version of PW 4.0? It seems to only come with an ISO and MP3.

Oh wait I just loaded the ISO only without a CUE and it worked. Weird.
But it says my JP modem isn't detected sadly. Does Planetweb 4.0 only work with the US modem?

Whoops! Update: Got it working, the cartridge wasn't fully in there. :lol: Now to see about getting the SPA-1001