Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ndiddy
noob

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#391 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:09 pm

Pretty sure I can do Thursday.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#392 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:28 pm

I might be able to do some games today

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#393 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:55 pm

Me and niddy had a few games and the first race went perfect, no hicups but then everything went down hill from there, Sundays are not the best day to do netlinking :)

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#394 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Oh and forgot to mention i recorded our matches so i will show them off when i get time

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#395 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 am

Uploaded the matches

Xiden
Developer

Post#396 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Interesting info I found....http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r213315 ... nksys-PAP2 Some of these Linksys ATA's are counterfit.... Make sure you all check your mac addresses and verify its a cisco/linksys and not a knock off asian one. That could have huge implications on gameplay for sure

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#397 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 am

Wont be near my voip for a few weeks so il check it once i have it again

Pepyaka
shadow

Post#398 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:07 am

Hi!!! Where i can download PlanetWeb Internet Browser 3.0?
I build Hardware PC-DC Server
It is Server CPU PIIITualatin1.4,512Mb RAM(UP to 1.5gb ViaAppoloPro chipset ) GF6600 256mB and FDD5.25 of course 8-)
It is U.S.Robotics Courier V.Everything Hardware ISA modem(Up to 56K),I bought it last week
Installed 2 OS - Windows 98SE(Use now) and Windows 2000Server (allow up to 5Dial in modem connections routing without other software,but need Mini Office phone station,becouse voltage inducer dont have dial tone in line)
Build Voltage Inducer Image
Im also have PAL Dreamcast.And i use 30Volt (it is very urgent moment for PAL modem.I heard for PAL modem 25V needed minimum),Power adapter from old HP printer.
And today i made it!!! Firstly im connected my Saturn :mrgreen:

And after that

I chose the PC for connection because im also like playing old PC games like Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed,UT99,Q3 and much mooooore. ;)

P.S. I cant understand how connect to this page? http://saturn.dreampipe.net/rally.html

Im patched my ISO Sega Rally and when i chuse NetLink Zone then i connect to IRC chat as i guess.
Thanks for answers

Xiden
Developer

Post#399 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:57 am

Pepyaka wrote:Hi!!! Where i can download PlanetWeb Internet Browser 3.0?
I build Hardware PC-DC Server
It is Server CPU PIIITualatin1.4,512Mb RAM(UP to 1.5gb ViaAppoloPro chipset ) GF6600 256mB and FDD5.25 of course 8-)
It is U.S.Robotics Courier V.Everything Hardware ISA modem(Up to 56K),I bought it last week
Installed 2 OS - Windows 98SE(Use now) and Windows 2000Server (allow up to 5Dial in modem connections routing without other software,but need Mini Office phone station,becouse voltage inducer dont have dial tone in line)
Build Voltage Inducer Image
Im also have PAL Dreamcast.And i use 30Volt (it is very urgent moment for PAL modem.I heard for PAL modem 25V needed minimum),Power adapter from old HP printer.
And today i made it!!! Firstly im connected my Saturn :mrgreen:

And after that

I chose the PC for connection because im also like playing old PC games like Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed,UT99,Q3 and much mooooore. ;)

P.S. I cant understand how connect to this page? http://saturn.dreampipe.net/rally.html

Im patched my ISO Sega Rally and when i chuse NetLink Zone then i connect to IRC chat as i guess.
Thanks for answers

If you are not using a dreampi you'll need to set your primary DNS to 46.101.91.123 to view the netlink page

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#400 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 am

Having some trouble setting this up. I've got everything connected but I can't access the VIOP set up. I found the IP my router assigned it and was able to access the config page. I edited the settings as per the guide and click on apply or whatever to confirm and I got a page saying it'll refresh in 5 seconds but it just timed out. Now I can't access the VIOP admin set up at all and it keeps saying connection timed out. Any ideas? :/

edit: it appears that the VIOP isn't being recognised by my router anymore despite still being plugged in. The orange light is on and is flashing.
aka DavidHK on DC games.