Mediocre / Bad Games That You Like Anyway

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Mediocre / Bad Games That You Like Anyway

Post#11 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:44 am

everynewday84 wrote:
mazonemayu wrote:Urban Chaos: apart from the poor visuals from being a straight PS1 port, the game is actually pretty good (hard as fuck too at times). I always had a soft spot for this gem, because it is sorta a reverse GTA3 long before there was GTA3 :lol:

Ive always wanted to try this game. Im going to put it in queue.

I made an extended review of the game, maybe you should read that first ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#12 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:36 am

Carrier. I remember going to buy it at Software Ect. and the guy refused to sell it to me, stating that I would hate it. Ended up buying it somewhere else, and have always enjoyed it.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#13 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:06 am

Carrier is a pretty good game imo
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#14 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:28 am

Omikron The Nomad Soul. It took me a while to complete the game. It had a lot going on, but it also suffered in many ways. BTW it where I got my custom forum ranking from

BaffleBlend
dark night

Post#15 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:41 am

South Park: Chef's Luv Shack.
How does it suck ass? Let me count the ways. Repetitive, shallow, obtuse, and derivative all at the same time. It was so bad that Parker and Stone disowned it and made Stick of Truth to rebel.
And yet, for some reason, I keep coming back to it. (I guess it helps that, for some reason, it's the only DC game I remember ever actually seeing on a store shelf; remember, latecomer over here.)

I'm sure I'll stumble across other stuff that I really shouldn't like but do, but with my so-far limited experience, that's all I've come across so far.
Can play online, but doesn't very often.

Avatar commissioned from Steven Borgers (here's his Tumblr and DeviantArt).

GreaseWaffle
undertow

Post#16 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Mega Man X7. It actually is a really horrible game, but its a guilty pleasure for me. X6 is worse anyway

GreaseWaffle
undertow

Post#17 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:04 pm

BaffleBlend wrote:South Park: Chef's Luv Shack.
How does it suck ass? Let me count the ways. Repetitive, shallow, obtuse, and derivative all at the same time. It was so bad that Parker and Stone disowned it and made Stick of Truth to rebel.
And yet, for some reason, I keep coming back to it. (I guess it helps that, for some reason, it's the only DC game I remember ever actually seeing on a store shelf; remember, latecomer over here.)

I'm sure I'll stumble across other stuff that I really shouldn't like but do, but with my so-far limited experience, that's all I've come across so far.

Didn't they disown every South Park Game before Lets Go Tower Defense Play in 2009?

BaffleBlend
dark night

Post#18 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:56 pm

GreaseWaffle wrote:
BaffleBlend wrote:South Park: Chef's Luv Shack.

Didn't they disown every South Park Game before Lets Go Tower Defense Play in 2009?

Yeah, Rally and SP64/PSX, too. But Luv Shack was the worst of the three.

...And I didn't realize that someone already mentioned Rally in this thread before, but there it is. Huh.
Speaking of which, the Echelon version had one heck of a weird Cracktro, but I managed to find out where it came from after a little searching if by any chance other people have seen it and are wondering. It's in the linked video's comments.I don't know how well-known individual stuff by Echelon is, only that the group as a whole was pretty notorious for low-quality rips if I'm understanding things right.
Can play online, but doesn't very often.

Avatar commissioned from Steven Borgers (here's his Tumblr and DeviantArt).

Boonz
rebel

Post#19 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:01 pm

I remember playing a lot WWF Attitude back then.
Today I always hear how bad this game is when it gets mentioned but I really liked it.