Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderator: mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
User avatar
fafadou
Wazza
Posts: 1202

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#41 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:35 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Thank you. In my case i will convert it to ISO file to play it in Dreamshell HDD and test it


I did the same :-D :
https://mega.nz/file/xrZmQD7J#IVi1gJ2hJ ... zDcGw-8EgU

User avatar
Ro Magnus Larsson
Sega RPG
Posts: 608

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#42 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:05 am

Oh i did not test it yet, but in that case you will need this...
Postal (US) [DS-RD].png
Postal (US) [DS-RD].png (144.35 KiB) Viewed 1029 times
Ro Magnus Larsson
DC HDD Tester
Argentina.-

User avatar
lozz
fire
Posts: 73

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#43 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:06 am

Thanks for all your efforts so far Dan! It's great to see how far this has progressed.

User avatar
fafadou
Wazza
Posts: 1202

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#44 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:45 am

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Oh i did not test it yet, but in that case you will need this...


Is it possible for you to convert it as a "0pvr" in order to put it in the datas and have a picture in iso loader and gdmenu ?

DanRedfield
shadow
Posts: 9

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#45 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:10 am

Are you guys happy with the level of performance? Or do you think I need to try and squeeze some more out of it?

User avatar
Xiden
Shark Patrol
Posts: 1943

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#46 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:12 pm

DanRedfield wrote:Are you guys happy with the level of performance? Or do you think I need to try and squeeze some more out of it?


Honestly seems good to me but any tweaks that improve anything I'm all for haha :D

User avatar
fafadou
Wazza
Posts: 1202

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#47 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:19 pm

Sorry for the delay, i played it only with official gdemu 5.20.
Everything seems to be perfect !
But i'm not sure to understand everything about what WE have to do. We must to kill everyone ? I've Seen writen "hostile people" ?
The transparancy effect when WE are hidden by a tree or a house is beautiful and very useful.
Congratulations for the kalistios screen, the Dreamcast controller in options.
For now, i didn't try to sAve and i reach only thé third stage.

I'll tell you more soin, but everything is fantastic.

Last question : is there any fmv intro ?

User avatar
fafadou
Wazza
Posts: 1202

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#48 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:27 am

I understand better what the is expecting from us.
It runs like a charm.

Just have a sound issue, i.e. no sound after an explosion during the "supermarket" mode.

Can't wait the next beta in few days :-D

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 4917
Contact:

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#49 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:40 am

fafadou wrote:Sorry for the delay, i played it only with official gdemu 5.20.
Everything seems to be perfect !
But i'm not sure to understand everything about what WE have to do. We must to kill everyone ? I've Seen writen "hostile people" ?
The transparancy effect when WE are hidden by a tree or a house is beautiful and very useful.
Congratulations for the kalistios screen, the Dreamcast controller in options.
For now, i didn't try to sAve and i reach only thé third stage.

I'll tell you more soin, but everything is fantastic.

Last question : is there any fmv intro ?



It's a great port with a full pvr gpu backend i did the kalistios screen for dan thanks for noticing hehe

User avatar
fafadou
Wazza
Posts: 1202

Re: Postal Now Open Source, Devs Asking for Dreamcast Port

Post#50 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:08 am

Ian Micheal wrote:It's a great port with a full pvr gpu backend i did the kalistios screen for dan thanks for noticing hehe


There is also the A Button when you finished a stage.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users