immature gamecube kiddies dissing the dreamcast back in the day

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mandos
shadow

Re: immature gamecube kiddies dissing the dreamcast back in the day

Post#21 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:04 pm

This is cracking me up a bit, I wanted a dreamcast when I saw it back in the day but was talked out of it due to budget reasons. The funny bit of irony here is while I wasn't involved in console warring, the first game I ever played on a gamecube a few years later was ironically Sonic Adventure 2 Battle XD. Not that I would know it was originally a dreamcast game till years later.

Stooball
shadow

Post#22 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:55 pm

I hope you're able to move on OP. 20 years is a long time, people grow up and change.

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#23 » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:24 am

Let the kids be kids in their own little universe and just enjoy games on whatever platform you prefer...The DC community is a passionate community and no amount of sh*t talk will ever change that.

Londinium
dirty sailor

Post#24 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:57 am

I hate to be the one who revives old topics, but if I can put in my two cents real quick...

Everything about the topic is fucking dumb, from getting pissed at GameCube fans from 20 years ago to the phrasing that makes it sound like the Dreamcast community went through a holocaust. You all know OP wrote this post the same day he made this account, right? They were last active 3 days later from account creation too, this post almost seems like bait. Either that or they bailed when they realised most of us are mature enough to only mentally laugh at GameCube players. Most of us Dreamcast fans just wanna retreat into our little bubble and play some PSO, not deal with petty 20 year old rivalries.

Beyond that, we all know GameCuckers have as many braincells as the population of Kingman Reef, so you're wasting your energy getting pissed at them. Hell, I'm surprised you even remember something this stupid 20 years later. Move on, grow up.

Still, this topic is special to me, kinda. It was one of the first I ever read after discovering DC-Talk, when I was a no account lurker.
Last edited by Londinium on Fri May 06, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

krovellium
fire

Post#25 » Fri May 06, 2022 10:48 pm

was your high school bully a gamecube fan or smth? this is unnecessarily long and exhausting. go get a dog or something instead of doing stuff like this

edit: as an addendum to what londinium said, yeah. this thread is full of pissy quarrels and i think the mods should just put it to sleep

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#26 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:28 am

You are always gonna have that battle. There are haters of both my Rickenbacker 401 bass, my favorite car (1982 Dodge Challenger) and my favorite band, which the Simpsons TV show had an episode about.

Don't let it get to you. The lack of reality by those fanboys does suck but it is shat it is. SMiTH be once told me "Dobbs, don't worry about it, it's just a video game, dude". No truer words were ever spoken.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

ShadowGeist
undertow

Post#27 » Sat May 07, 2022 6:27 am

I like video games ( . )

:mrgreen:

BaronBurdock
rebel

Post#28 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:34 am

This thread is wild haha. I never realized there was this great Dreamcast vs. GameCube rivalry. In my circle of friends, we're still fighting the SNES vs. Genesis battle, so I think in another 20 or 30 years we'll be ready for this one. It's going to get heated in the local retirement community.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#29 » Sun May 08, 2022 4:32 pm

Console wars be like "My toy is better than yours!"

krovellium
fire

Post#30 » Sun May 08, 2022 5:19 pm

BaronBurdock wrote:This thread is wild haha. I never realized there was this great Dreamcast vs. GameCube rivalry. In my circle of friends, we're still fighting the SNES vs. Genesis battle, so I think in another 20 or 30 years we'll be ready for this one. It's going to get heated in the local retirement community.

for the record,
Genesis had better clock speed
SNES had better sound
SNES had a better CPU
SNES was better