List of Dreamcast games on Steam

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

OatBob
BFG-10K

List of Dreamcast games on Steam

Post#1 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:35 am

updated Ferbruary 2024

Dreamcast games available on Steam. This list is separated into official releases and indie releases. Continue to the second post for spinoffs & sequels, wishlist, and "fake" games section.

If you would like to see a title added or removed please comment below and be sure to include information on why it should or should not belong on the list.

Retail releases

DREAMCAST COLLECTION
Alone in the Dark: The New NightmareAtelier Marie Remake: The Alchemist of SalburgCapcom Arcade StadiumCapcom Arcade 2nd StadiumCastle of Shikigami 2Crazy TaxiExpendableGAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVESGiga Wing
  • (see Capcom Arcade Stadium)
GRANDIA II HD RemasterGrand Theft Auto 2GUNBIRD 2Half-LifeHidden & Dangerous: Action PackIkarugaIncoming ForcesJet Set RadioKao the KangarooTHE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION (aka Dream Match 1999)THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCHTHE LAST BLADE 2Legacy of Kain: Soul ReaverMDK2Memories OffMemories Off 2ndOmoide Ni Kawaru Kimi ~Memories Off~NOBUNAGA’S AMBITION: Shouseiroku with Power Up Kit / 信長の野望・将星録 with パワーアップキットNOBUNAGA’S AMBITION: Reppuden with Power Up Kit / 信長の野望・烈風伝 with パワーアップキットOmikron: The Nomad SoulPrincess Maker 2 RefinePrincess Maker ~Faery Tales Come True~ (HD Remake)Pro Pinball UltraQuake III ArenaRailroad Tycoon II PlatinumResident Evil 2 (Remake)Resident Evil 3 (Remake)Re-Volt
  • [game]Re-Volt - bonus, digital download of Dreamcast cover and manual art assets
Rez InfiniteRomance of the Three Kingdoms VI with Power Up KitSEGA Bass FishingSEGA Smash PackShadow ManShenmue I & IISilverSlave ZeroSonic Adventure DXSonic Adventure 2Space Channel 5: Part 2STAR WARS™ Episode I RacerStreet Fighter 30th Anniversary CollectionTomb Raider IV: The Last RevelationTomb Raider V: ChroniclesTrickStyleTRIZEAL RemixTWINKLE STAR SPRITESUnreal Tournament: Game of the Year EditionUrban ChaosWorms ArmageddonWorms World Party RemasteredZERO GUNNER 2-
Atomiswave releases

Guilty Gear IsukaThe Rumble FishThe Rumble Fish 2
Indie releases

Alice's Mom's RescueAlice SistersAndro Dunos IIAnother World – 20th Anniversary EditionARMED SEVENBattle CrustBreakers Collection (includes Breakers and Breakers Revenge)Cave Story+Dráscula: The Vampire Strikes BackDriving Strikers - featuring online crossplay with SEGA DREAMCASTElansarEscape 2042 - The Truth DefendersFinding TeddyFlashbackFlea!Ghost Blade HDGIGANTIC ARMYIntrepid IzzyLeona's Tricky AdvanturesMawthornePhilia : the Sequel to ElansarPier Solar and the Great ArchitectsPLOID SAGAPOSTALRedux: Dark MattersReknum Fantasy of DreamsROCKETRONRush Rush Rally ReloadedShadow GangsSTURMWIND EXSupercharged Robot VULKAISERTapeworm Disco PuzzleThe Textorcist: The Story of Ray BibbiaVISCO CollectionVolgarr the VikingVVVVVVWOLFLAMEXeno CrisisXenociderYeah Yeah Beebiss IIZangeki WarpZia and the goddesses of magic

Thank you, Dreamcast afficionado, for showing interest in this curated list of Dreamcast games on Steam. I created this list to highlight independent game developers.

If you liked this, please check out my other curated lists:

Collector's list of independent and unlicensed software for Dreamcast.
Where to buy independent Dreamcast games.
Last edited by OatBob on Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:05 pm, edited 63 times in total.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Re: List of Dreamcast games on Steam

Post#2 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:36 am

Dreamcast 2.0
Sequels and spinoffs. In many cases, it would be impossible to rerelease the original due to licensing.

Alone in the Dark AnthologyAtelier SeriesBaldr SkyBomb Rush CyberfunkCleopatra Fortune S-TributeCotton SeriesD: The GameDAISENRYAKUDEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last RoundDEAD OR ALIVE 6Ecole SoftwareFire Pro Wrestling WorldFlashbackGRANDIA HD RemasterG.rev Ltd.GUILTY GEARTHE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: RemakeKao the KangarooTHE KING OF FIGHTERS FranchiseLegacy of KainMarvel vs. CapcomMemories OffMortal KombatMr. DRILLER DrillLandNBA 2K seriesPanzer Dragoon: RemakePhantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis (PSO2 is not PSO v.II)Prince of Persia franchise (includes all 3D games except "PoP:3D/Arabian Nights"Princess MakerPsyvariar DeltaPuzzle Bobble 2X & Puzzle Bobble 3X S-TributeRailroad TycoonRaymanResident Evil seriesReel Fishing: Road Trip AdventureShenmue IIISlave ZeroSonic the Hedgehog FranchiseSpace Channel 5 VR Kinda Funky News Flash!SOULCALIBUR VIStreet FighterSuperdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard GirlsSuper Robot WarsTomb Raider CollectionTom Clancy's Rainbow Six®Triangle Service Shmups CollectionThe Typing of the Dead: OverkillV-Rally 4Virtua Tennis 4VisualArts/KeyWinning PostYuke's Co., LTD

Wishlist

Air - The rest of the Key library is available
Border Break
Capcom vs SNK 1/2
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax
Gunvalkyrie
JSRF - Jet Set Radio Future - "Shut up, and eat."
Kanon - The rest of the Key library is available
Power Stone 1 & 2
Project X Zone
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X - The rest of the Biohazard franchise is available
Shin Sakura Wars
SoulCalibur I/II/III
Space Channel 5: Part 1
Seaman - Gen Z would love this

Fake Games
If you expected a port of a Dreamcast game, you might be disappointed.

AIKAGI
Air
Armada
Canvas
Carrier
Elysion
Incoming
Interlude
Last Hope
Metal Wolf Chaos XD (Xbox game)
Sweet Seasons
Last edited by OatBob on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:49 am, edited 79 times in total.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#3 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:56 am

Wandering thoughts...
  • Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 REMAKES should probably be added...
  • Original physical copies of games have become expensive and difficult to acquire. Also, there are technical hurdles of getting a quality image on modern TVs. I think these Steam releases are more accessible to gamers who own a PC and are already using the platform. HD remasters really make some of these titles look their best.
  • I'm really digging some of these Japanese titles getting localized. It's been 20 years already, and I don't think the fan translation community will ever get around to everything.
  • I might like to see a DC-TALK group on the platform. I think it would be neat if the collective to add reviews using the "curator" review system. It could be an opportunity to bring more gamers to the community. It feels like most DC forums devolve to fanboys, modders, and devs. The limiting factor may be the moderation team, whom I have heard are spread thin as it is.
  • So far, I only included indie games from my list of indie games on physical media. I think it's appropriate to open this list wider and include homebrew that hasn't seen a physical release. How wide is too wide to cast our net? Doom runs on everything, or so I have been told. I dont' think it would be appropriate to list everything that has an emulator, including the SEGA Smash Pack games.
Last edited by OatBob on Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gocha
letterbomb

Post#4 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:41 am

Man, that's a lot, I thought there were like 6 or so, thanks for the list.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#5 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:42 pm

Golden week is coming up and sales have already begun. Tecmo-Koei and Capcom are high profile sales, and most shmups published by JoshProd are half-off, so you can sample the steam versions for $3 before committing to pixelheart prices. Rez Infinite is also discounted. The Area X content supports, but does not require VR, so anyone can experience it if they haven't yet.
Last edited by OatBob on Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:14 am

Wow awesome idea! Many of these games were not even available on modern systems making PC backwards compatibility such an amazing thing even the consoles can;t match.

Might as well include Half-Life and other unreleased but leaked finished games.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#7 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:20 am

Anthony817 wrote:Wow awesome idea! Many of these games were not even available on modern systems making PC backwards compatibility such an amazing thing even the consoles can;t match.

Might as well include Half-Life and other unreleased but leaked finished games.

While this statement is mostly true, PC gamers do run into compatibility issues from time to time. Looking at the Unreal Tournament '99 community page, you would think this game is unplayable without mods.

Also, wow! I can't believe I missed Half-Life. Anyways, game added, as well as Resident Evil 2 and 3.

Also, I don't know who hasn't hear this, but Sega is delisting some Sonic the Hedgehog games ahead of the release of Sonic Origins. These titles will no longer be available after May 20, 2022.

Sonic The Hedgehog
https://store.steampowered.com/app/7111 ... _Hedgehog/

Sonic The Hedgehog 2
https://store.steampowered.com/app/7116 ... edgehog_2/

Sonic 3 & Knuckles
https://store.steampowered.com/app/7116 ... _Knuckles/

Sonic CD
https://store.steampowered.com/app/200940/Sonic_CD/

Source:
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2022/04/sega-delisting-sonic-games-may-origins

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#8 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:08 pm

An couple NES Kickstarters had a Dreamcast release as a stretch goal, adding: Mawthorne, Reknum Fantasy of Dreams, and PLOID SAGA.

Shadow Gangs released for Dreamcast earlier this summer. It's only appropriate to list the Steam counterpart.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#9 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:44 pm

Of course, right after I post, Senile Team drops Rush Rush Rally Reloaded.

Grab it now. 10% discount through August 10, 2022

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2065 ... _Reloaded/

I like making lists.

Added:
Dreamcast 2.0 - sequels and spinoffs
Wishlist - DC games we wish were added to Steam
Fake games - indie games that share a name. Don't be fooled.

Recommendations are welcome and encouraged.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#10 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:33 pm

Added Princess Maker 2 & 3, 2 games from Atomiswave library: Guilty Gear Isuka, and The Rumble Fish 2. Also, Cave Story and VVVVVV, as they both have been ported to the system by fans.

edit: ASRO Port Collection finally shipped. Added Gigantic Army and Zangeki Warp.

Request: can a mod move this thread to General Gaming > PC/Mac ?