Quest to Rebuild My Dreamcast Collection

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Amorist89
shadow

Quest to Rebuild My Dreamcast Collection

Post#1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:44 am

Hi everyone,

Just want to go through my life story...

Back in 1999 I received a Sega Dreamcast for Christmas which I absolutely adored, one of my fondest childhood memories, kept me occupied plenty.

Years later I wanted something really badly, a hell or high water scenario and parted ways with my Dreamcast and it's games. Since that day I never clung onto consoles or games like I used to, thinking back to that decision which I have regretted since.

I purchased a 2nd hand Dreamcast over four years ago, got a respectable collection and had to sell the games over towards bailing my brother out of a financial bad patch. It took the steam straight out of me, like reclaiming those days was an illusion.

After putting up with the current gen systems and Pc gaming, I've decided to only commit to having a Dreamcast collection, its the only part of gaming that I still love and can feel that same joy playing those games as I felt all them years ago.

I am on a personal quest to reclaim my collection and have it setup for a lifetime. I've got my current Dreamcast, bought spare parts and won a special auction on eBay that I came across by chance, a boxed and nearly new system.

If my oldest console dies, I always wanted a backup plan or as a system to pass over to my son and daughter when they're older.

I've saved up money on the side for this, extremely excited to rebuilding this collection and having a blast.

Hopefully I'll be able to play online and join you.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: Quest to Rebuild My Dreamcast Collection

Post#2 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 am

Hi and welcome. Im considering selling a few collectible items, cannon spike etc myself.

Icystorm9
noob

Post#3 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:40 am

I'm glad you like the Dreamcast. It's really cool to see someone so dedicated to a console that they want a spare one just for their children. I just started collecting for the Dreamcast too. If you haven't bought Crazy Taxi or Sonic Adventure 2 yet, I recommend that you buy those soon.

Amorist89
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:35 am

Crazy Taxi is on its way, holding back on Sonic Adventure 2 for now, been getting lucky with eBay auctions and need to pace myself lol.

Got 6 games on mint condition for £30.00 which includes: Jet Set Radio, ChuChu Rocket, WWF royal rumble, Sonic Adventure, Resident Evil Code Veronica & Ecco the Dolphin.

Later tonight I am starting my Dreamcast journey on a new VMU where it all started, Soul Calibur :p

Justme
rebel

Post#5 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:20 pm

That's a nice haul, looks like you're going to have a blast :)

Amorist89
shadow

Post#6 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Thank you, my collection is ever growing.

Next on my list are Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Evolution, Virtua Striker 2 and a Rumble pack.

23 games so far, loving every second.

Recently ploughing through Powerstone 2, feel like I've come back home each time I boot it up "welcome to the PowerStone World".