Please help me get my Dreamcast Online

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Vado55
shadow

Re: Please help me get my Dreamcast Online

Post#11 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:43 am

Hi guys,

I have the XDP Browser on disk now but as I put the CD into my DC and press play it says please insert game disk. For some reason it recognises the disk as audio.

hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Post#12 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:58 am

sounds like you didnt get the settings right on on alcohol 120% just use imgburn instead should be easier to use for you!
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Pepyaka
shadow

Post#13 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:23 am

YO Vado!
Pepyaka dont find easy way and build that!Its veeryyy heavyyy DreamPi :lol:
It is Server CPU PIIITualatin1.4,512Mb RAM(UP to 1.5gb ViaAppoloPro chipset ) GF6600 256mB and FDD5.25 of course 8-)
It is U.S.Robotics Courier V.Everything Hardware ISA modem(Up to 56K),I bought it last week
Installed 2 OS - Windows 98SE(Use now) and Windows 2000Server (allow up to 5Dial in modem connections routing without other software,but need Mini Office phone station,becouse voltage inducer dont have dial tone in line)
Build Voltage Inducer Image
Im also have PAL Dreamcast.And i use 30Volt (it is very urgent moment for PAL modem.I heard for PAL modem 25V needed minimum),Power adapter from old HP printer.
And today i made it!!! Firstly im connected my Saturn :mrgreen:

And after that

I chose the PC for connection because im also like playing old PC games like Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed,UT99,Q3 and much mooooore. ;)

Vado55
shadow

Post#14 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:03 am

Hi guys,

I used ImageBurn and still come up with the same problem, I can definitely see the disk in the audio menu when I switch on my DC. Im using PAL DC, I burn the XDP browser onto a CD (700mb), could it be that it burns as an audio file? should I be using a dvd disc instead? What are the settings for ImageBurn so it burns as a correct file?
When I insert the burned disk into my pc and open the file, it comes up as a link to a tutorial page for XDP and nothing else.
Thank you everyone for your support and helping out. I just cant wait for the day to get pass this and go online to play Phantasy Star online.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#15 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 pm

I dont think dvd-r will work for you. Cd-r only. I personally have great luck burning games with alcohol 120%

alexh86
lithium

Post#16 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:10 pm

They're uncommon but some Dreamcasts sold toward the end of the console's lifespan were altered by Sega to correct the security hole that allows content burned to a disc to run. Look on the bottom of the console, there should be a manufacture date and a number (0, 1 or 2) inside a small circle right by the date. Most revision 2 consoles will NOT run burned media so make sure that's not the problem you're having. If so, you're going to have to buy a new console or get a hold of a genuine Dreamcast web browser disc.

If the console itself isn't the problem, try using ImgBurn. An installer with Dreamcast-specific settings and instructions is here: http://www.dreamcastlive.net/downloads.html

Vado55
shadow

Post#17 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:55 am

Hi guys,
Im thinking that because I have a PAL DC that is why it will not play the XDP browser on the burned disk. Im thinking of trying out with dreamkey 3.0. I looked up on the net and not many people sell dreamkey browser, I found one for around $40AU which I think is quite expensive. Does any one know that if I do purchase the dreamkey browser that it will solve my problem to get online with my DC PAL?
Thanks

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#18 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:15 am

I use Dreamkey 3.0 on my PAL Dreamcast and it works a treat. It was the first disc I took online in fact. I've not tried XDP Browser though.