NFL 2K2 ROSTER EDITING

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Re: NFL 2K2 ROSTER EDITING

Post#11 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Xiden wrote:
AgentMomo wrote:OKAY I GOT IT ,

If someone can make a problem where we can edit

SKIN , # , Size , and SKILL SET.

I would be more then willing to do ALL STARTERS for the Teams

So that's basically

11 Offense , 11 Defense , Kicker and Punter , and of course All other KEY STAR Players.

Your Backups can stay the original crap players we got lol.

This guy one blue swirl has been making rosters up to this year with nba2k2.

http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmu/save/pub ... ba%25202k2

I might send him an email to see how he is doing it.

Go ahead we need his knowledge , Hold him hostage too :mrgreen:

JKD32332
rebel

Post#12 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:37 am

Is there any progress with this? I’d love to have a NBA 2K1 roster editor so that I can change positions for different players like Vince Carter (from SG to a SF), Allen Iverson (from SG to PG).

I would also like to be able to edit the equipment on NBA players like giving an headbands to players who are without them in the game but wore them in real life during the season (for example: Baron Davis, Darius Miles, etc).

Any idea where this is at? Any idea if this is possible. I’ve been looking for something like this for years.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#13 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:43 am

Oddly enough, for some reason, Sega never had Tom Brady on the roster in NFL2K2 and I believe same for NFL2K1. Really odd. At least I know they base the roster not on the preseason, but during training camp. Like Brady or not, he is one of the only players left during the Dreamcast era that is still in the NFL.

HISTORY:
He started the 2000 season as the 4th-string QB, behind starter Drew Bledsoe and backups John Friesz and Michael Bishop; by season's end, he was number two behind Bledsoe. During his rookie season, he was 1-for-3 passing, for six yards. Tight end Rod Rutledge caught Brady's first and only completed pass of the season in a 34–9 loss to the Detroit Lions on November 23.

In the 2001 season, he started the 2001 season camp as the 4th-string QB, behind starter Drew Bledsoe and backups Damon Huard and Michael Bishop. By the start of the season, Bishop was signed by Green Bay, then released while Huard was moved to 3rd string QB. When Bledsoe was hurt in game three, Brady was placed in the game and from game 4 and on was designated as the starter...becoming only the second QB in NFL history to win a Super Bowl in his first season as a starer.

EDIT:
Adam Vinatieri and Drew Brees were also 2001 players who are still active. Along with Brady, they are the only three left.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#14 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:25 pm

The last post of this thread says this ,

http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/archi ... 79729.html

NFL2k2's player names are stored on the file r2000.iff,
these are the ones you see in-game.

Player names displayed in the player cards are stored on the file cards.iff.

Player names audio information is stored on the file players.dat

Unfortunately if you hexedit a player's name in r2000.iff, the announcers will still call the player by his "original" name.

I suppose it would be easier to update the game if somewhow the limitation of 8 created players could be overridden, this way the announcers would simply call the players by their number, speraking of which I still don't know where those are stored.

Now adding teams,stadiums,announcers, and loading screens from ncaa 2k2 to the nfl 2k2 engine and having them work perfectly does seem unlikely, I did some tests by replacing NFL2k2's A00.iff (Cardinals home uniform) with an uniform file from NCAA2K2, it was a partial success, while the helmet logos at the team select screen are displayed correctly, for example the Longhorns helmet looks great, once the game loads the uniforms are somewhat messed up, helmet logos appear on the shoulders and other weird graphic effects, Stadiums are beautifully rendered but you can't get the ball on the air, and even though you can replace the announcer files they won't be in synch with what's happening on the field.

Now if you want to try something interesting you could replace NCAA2K2's gamedata.iff with NFL2K2's version and see what happens graphicwise.

Anyway thanks for the tip, I'll check ebgames and buy another Dreamcast Console, I'm almost finished with my F1 texture update once I get my new DC, I'll post some pics on the F1 thread, and hopefully find a way to create a patch or something to update the game :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#15 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:56 pm

Awesome!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

AgentMomo
Prince of Persia

Post#16 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:22 am

Yeah truth is , I turn the PA Announcers off anyway.

ssjyoungj21
noob

Post#17 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:29 pm

Would if there a way edit nfl 2k , nfl , nfl 2k2 like edit number for example in nfl 2k kurt warner is not wearing 13 but wearing number 9 or rename stadium names , or rename missing player's

Return to “Dreamcast Community”