New Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: New Retro Fighters Dreamcast Controller

Post#11 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:07 pm

The real question is why aren't there six face buttons? This is supposed to be a fighter pad, right?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:41 pm

Well the C and Z buttons, are truly just digital L and R triggers. So those are what they are replacing it with I suppose. But I agree, give us C and Z buttons as well for true face buttons.

But yeah, I just hope when Retro-Bit does theirs, that they also use shoulder buttons too at least. They added them to their wireless Mega Drive/Genesis and Saturn controllers, so no reason to suspect they won't also have them on it.

Obviously, I don't think any of us hate the DC controller, we just see a few key ways it could be improved.

I know what I am doing the first day I get my wireless Retro-Bit DC controller, replacing the analog sticks like what I did with my official controllers. My latest mod turned out pretty great.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#13 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:45 am

My personal 2 cents:

Out of the various issues the DC controller has, the shape/ergonomics isn't one of them. I'm sure there's a good reason why now every controller in existence follows the same design, but I never felt the DC's design was awkward or uncomfortable. Unlike with the 3-prong design of the N64 controller which unarguably benefited from a redesign.

The chord coming out of the top actually seems like a step backward. For me that makes the controller even more top-heavy by making me lift the chord as well. Chord on the top makes sense for every controller except the DC, due to the expansions on the top and the use of the VMU screen.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#14 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:35 am

Xiden wrote:Found something cool to share

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... le_created

New retro fighters controller for dreamcast. I have their n64 controller and its awesome. Highly recommend this company.

Wow! I like what I see. That design looks nice too.

beerdude37
shadow

Post#15 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:09 pm

I just got one, like it a lot. The thumb stick is a bit looser but the D-Pad is less squishy. I have noticed sometimes the analog stick doesnt catch an input in Jet Grind Radio.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#16 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:23 pm

I want one but not for 49.99

sgmx
dirty sailor

Post#17 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:37 am

I bought 2 from KS but still nothing received :(
They were sent on the 3rd of June and after 17 days they only moved from Bell Gardens to Los Angeles which is 10 miles away lol
Crazy they will reach France in 2021 ??
LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES
Your item departed a transfer airport in INTERNATIONAL, LOS ANGELES, UNITED STATES on June 16, 2020 at 8:44 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Last edited by sgmx on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#18 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:17 am

With COVID-19 it may possible...
I guess you can request retrofighter in order to have some news.

My gdemu clone takes 4 months to come from china and there wasn't the covid.
I wait it so long than finally I don't install it ^^
I'm from France too.
I order a xenocrisis cd version, and I can see on facebook some people received it but still not me yet...
For me only sega-shop are fast.
You 're the not the only unfortunately...

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#19 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:51 pm

Mail does seem pretty slow right now. I ordered a game on May 27th, and not only have I not gotten it yet, but tracking shows it hasn't moved since June 9th even though expected delivery was June 8th. If it takes much longer I might need to file an "item not received" while I still can.