GDEMU (clone) reset not working.

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Cheetoswithlegs
noob

Re: GDEMU (clone) reset not working.

Post#11 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:14 pm

It's real finicky sometimes I notice. Try the colored buttons and then start. I think this comes from an uneven press on the colored buttons when you try doing the combination all at once.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#12 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:16 pm

bLiGhTy wrote:doesn't it require a memory card with space to work?

No, both the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast had this as a built in feature for rebooting games. Microsoft liked it so much they included a similar feature into the OG Xbox. Unlike the Xbox you have to do the trick twice as stated above. Once to get to title screen, and another immediately after to get into the dashboard screen.

TLDR; Hold A, B, X, Y, and press Start button all at same time 2 times to get the console to fully reboot. Note, this only works with Katana and Windows CE SDK games, Indie games and homebrew do not have this feature.

bLiGhTy
shadow

Post#13 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:50 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
No, both the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast had this as a built in feature for rebooting games. Microsoft liked it so much they included a similar feature into the OG Xbox. Unlike the Xbox you have to do the trick twice as stated above. Once to get to title screen, and another immediately after to get into the dashboard screen.

TLDR; Hold A, B, X, Y, and press Start button all at same time 2 times to get the console to fully reboot. Note, this only works with Katana and Windows CE SDK games, Indie games and homebrew do not have this feature.

I know about the reset, it just boots the same game back up again and not the menu, one of my gdemu's does it if it doesn't have the memory card in that was in it when i set it up in the options to reset to menu but the other one always works regardless

Gertso
shadow

Post#14 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:33 am

Reset works on all officially released Dreamcast games but suffers on most homebrew applications.