immature gamecube kiddies dissing the dreamcast back in the day

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

krovellium
fire

Re: immature gamecube kiddies dissing the dreamcast back in the day

Post#51 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:46 pm

-drez01- wrote:This thread is really something special. The luls 8-)

nice necro, love this thread tho so good job

blueagent
shadow

Post#52 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:27 am

Zoarb wrote:-POV asks where the community is, makes three posts, and dips:

i did not dip, because half a year ago i already made 2 post explaining to "mstar" why i made this thread after he too said i need psychiatric help on PAGE 2 of this thread........ after that there was nothing more to be said...... so i left.

Zoarb wrote:Enough waffle. Let's address some of things that observably state "op should seek therapy" about this post.

you know......you should not be so quick as to label people you disagree with as being mentally ill, i mean it could be something else......like how i always felt like i was a woman inside, so i put on my cousin's school girl uniform which caused the skirt to rip, which greatly greatly upsetted her back in the 1990s. but i guess what i'm trying to say is, i hold decade long grudges like most woman do because the anima side of my consciousness is much stronger than the animus side, you know?
no but seriously i think it mught be the cyberbullying by the folks in planetgamecube, although i'm not really sure, i supposed it is still painful when i think about it, but i don't let it run my life and it does not affect my everyday life at all.

still your veiled suggestion of me being mentally ill is not lost on me, so i've returned because i too had something to say, and i don't want people to think i'm a crazy person.

Zoarb wrote:So good for us GC fans

OH, I SEE.......I SEE.

Zoarb wrote: Verdict: DC wasn't mentioned. Not relevant in this context. Next.

NOT EVERY SINGLE quote i posted in my first post were about the same topic of "gamecube kiddies dissing the dreamcast", only parts of the thread had delved into that, while the rest were focused on gamecube kiddies dissing the ps2/xbox or trashing talking and making fools of themselves, i also used several topic sentences for when i had to transition to each new topic. i also listed all the topics i discussed in page 2 of my thread half a year ago.

Zoarb wrote: TL;DR

oh you didn't read that....so that's why.

anyways there's a word limit on the thread title, so of course i could only put one topic on there, meanwhile you were literally dishing out your "Verdicts" and proclaiming my quotes having nothing to do with dissing the DC, when some of them were not supposed to about that in the first place

Zoarb wrote: As in, THAT version was on GC first. Def not a prime example of "kiddies" "damaging the DC's rep" as everything listed is easily verified one way or the other with a quick Wikipedia search.

Sean697 explicitly said that "the games were not console exclusive. But were on GameCube first". while this indicated that he knew sonic adventure games and skies of arcadia were playable other platforms, the fact that he continued to insist that those games had indeed came out for the gamecube first.......shows that he had no prior knowledge that skies of arcadia and the two sonic advanture games were originally dreamcast games, as the dreamcast was released long before the gamecube, he would've known that, if he knew the games were originally dreamcast games in the first place......the fact that he persisted in saying that they had came out on the gamecube first is proof that he didn't know, and had no prior knowledge that they were on the dreamcast first.

while he did used the term "DX" and "battle" to describe SA1 and SA2, i reckon he was just some kid who was recalling the names of his games from the gamecube mini-DVD box, nothing more. since he had shown that he had no prior knowledge of the dreamcast version, he could not have beeing used the "DX" and "battle" suffix to distinguished them as the enhanced port.

also Sean697 obviously feels bad for what he said, as he recently requested his entire thread to be removed on that forum where he posted in, isn't that enough proof for you?

Zoarb wrote: every game listed (aside from Skies of Arcadia as it was listed here) was only on GC. As in, THAT version was on GC first.

so you argued that "sonic advanture DX" and " sonic advanture 2 battle" were gamecube games, therefore the ports should count as having been released on the gamecube first.

yet by your twisted logic, Sean697 could say that Lost Planet was released on the PS3 first, because the PS3 port had extra content like extra battle maps and that playable hot chick luka with the really sweet butt, which were exclusive to the PS3, therefore Lost planet had came out on the PS3 first.

Zoarb, it sounds to be you're seeing the term "multiplatform" and "exclusive" as one and the same......should we from now on, treat every PS4 game that get ported to the xbox with extra content as being "xbox exclusive" games that have been released on the xbox first?

so you see why i disagree with you, i do not think that an enhanced port should counted as a game that came out first on the the console it was being ported to. Sean697 was incorrect in stating that the dreamcast games came out on the gamecube first, when it didn't.

ports to the gamecube can only be played on the gamecube because that port is only for the gamecube, but that DOES NOT mean one can say the port came out on the gamecube first, otherwise it wouldn't be called a port by ign/gamespot and everyone else when the port was released. that's what a professional game reviewer would called a "re-release", and not "released on the gamecube first"

Zoarb wrote: Def not a prime example of "kiddies" "damaging the DC's rep"

i'm guessing you werent around back then, when the gamecube fanbase was relentlessly going into planetdreamcast forums and making post like "the dreamcast sucks it doesn't even have sonic advanture/skies of arcadia/PSO like the gamecube!!!!!!!". in the second post of this thread i talked about how i went to planetgamecube and defended the dreamcast by telling the kiddies there that sonic adventure games were originally dreamcast games, only for them to accuse me of being desprete and counting gamecube games like SA1 as dreamcast games, for according to them, sonic adventure had never came out on the dreamcast.

also wikipedia was not around back then, so there were plenty of people who never owned a dreamcast who literally thought the gamecube had those games first, and my memory was that this misinformation was proliferating in various non-dreamcast forums, not just planet dreamcast. since Sean697 was saying that exact same crap, hence why i said he damaged the dreamcast rep.

Zoarb wrote: "How can the DC lineup be better...?" A simple question. An inflammatory one? It could be argued. But a question, nonetheless. And it seems they at least know the great DC games came over.

if somebody asks you a question in the form of "hey Zoarb! how can you not be better than me?" would you consider this to be dissing you? i don't know how'd you feel about that, but i personally would consider that question to be a form of dissing me in the form of a question.

Shikamaru Ninja clearly talked trash about the dreamcast catalog, which he proclaimed were not better than gamecube. just because he had foreknowledge that they were formerly DC games, doesn't mean he wasn't trashing talking them even in the form of a question.

let me rephrase his statement in a way that you can understand and relate to. supposed Shikamaru Ninja had said "How can Zoarb's handmade cookies recipe be better than the one Mrs. Fields has. Especially when several of Zoarb's other handmade cookie recipies came over improved in Mrs. Fields shop".......yeah he just dissed your cookies while saying they're great....but he still disssed it.

Zoarb wrote:HOW CAN YOU TAKE THIS SERIOUSLY? Even if they were serious, I can guarantee THEY are the minority. No one still thinks this. The wii has its fans. I'm one of em. But mainly for my light gun fix.

i took it seriously because he didn't sound like he wasn't being serious at all. i don't think you should excuse him to such extent by claiming he was just kidding; he clearly wasn't.

also as i told you earlier, when a game is multiplatform and playable on multiple console, it is no longer a console exclusive. an enhanced port is still a port, even the port could only operate on the machine it was ported and and if it had extra content.

Zoarb wrote:But your issue seems to be that they think SA2 Battle was only made for the GC at the time. And it was. So, you're just wrong. Come down off that high horse dude. The DC got SA2. Not SA2 Battle. It comes down to name semantics, I get it. But there's a reason that wording, and phrasing is so important here.

VERDICT: They're right. SA2 Battle was released for the GC, and not the DC. SA2 was released on the DC not the Gamecube. How many of these are based around this argument? If there are anymore, I'm just gonna copy and paste the following verdict: Version title semantics make them correct, and you incorrect.

let me phrase your above statement so you'd understand: "But blueagent.......your issue seems to be that you think Lost Planet was only made for the PS3 at the time. And it was. So, you're just wrong. Come down off that high horse dude. The Xbox360 got Lost Planet. Not Lost Planet for the PS3 with the playable hot chick Luka plus other new battle maps. It comes down to name semantics, I get it. But there's a reason that wording, and phrasing is so important here. VERDICT: They're right. Lost Planet was released for the PS3, and not the Xbox360. Lost Planet was released on the Xbo360 but not the PS3. How many of these are based around this argument? If there are anymore, I'm just gonna copy and paste the following verdict: Version title semantics make them correct, and you incorrect.

dude why don't you just go on the dreamcast reddit and say that sonic advanture gamecube ports had came out on the gamecube first because they were gamecube games that will only work on the gamecube?

Zoarb wrote:-Quite a common misconception. However, you both are wrong. It was ZPC from 1996. So to answer your question, that's the reason "why didn't more of the dreamcast fanbase stood against that back then?" It's because you both were wrong lol.

ZPC is not listed as a cell-shaded game anywhere nor historically had it ever been credited nor acknoledge in the gaming industry as the first cell-shading game, no reviews by gamespot/IGN had indicated it was cell-shaded either . just because you saw a youtube video saying that ZPC was the first cell-shaded game, doesn't mean its true.

all the hype surrounding jet set radio's release was that it used a new graphical artstyle that was never seen before called "cel-shading", which was a new term that had first came up at the time, in video gaming sites and also television like electric playground/X-play.
cell-shade was supposed make you feel like your inside a 2D anime world that looks 3D, along with anime characters which were fully rendered in 3D while still retaining their 2D anime look. SEGA invented cell-shading for gods sake. hence why so many people, myself included would say that was the first cel-shaded game.

you expect the whole dreamcast fanbase to suddenly start retroactively acknowledge something that sega had invented in 2000 to have already been made in 1996 by another company? just because a doom clone looks colourful like a comic book doesn't mean its cell-shaded.

regardless, wwtoonlinkfan wrongly stated that "Wind Waker was the first cel-shaded game", i was not wrong in calling him out on that since jet set radio came out before windwaker......and no matter what you say, you'll find very few people agreeing with you that jet set radio, the first game to utilize cell-shading graphics, was not the first cell shaded game. windwaker was not the first cell-shaded game because jet set radio had already came out, regardless of whether you think it was the first cell-shared one or not; so i was not wrong in what i had stated this, as i'm sure many dreamcast owners here from the early 2000s will agree with me here.

Zoarb wrote:- (Idk if I've ever met anyone with RedPanda in their username that had anything productive to say, but let's keep going). Again, ya both are wrong.

i was not wrong in saying that "windwaker ripped off jet set radio", because you seem to have no memory of the time when nintendo had drastically changed the zelda 3D tech demo in spaceworld from its original realistic art direction..........to a cartonny cell-shaded one like jet set radio, only very shortly after jet set radio had been released on the dreamcast.

hence why all the nintendo fans were mad and came up with the derogatory term "CELDA" becuase they were angry that the new zelda windwaker gamecube game now looked like jet set radio.

btw, the dreamcast runs windows CE and has a POWERVR graphics card, which is infact a PC based graphics card, capable of utlizing direct x. i know this because i remember seeing POWERVR graphics card being sold in PCWorld's official retail chain before it shuttered. i also recalled reading the pc game megazine about how nvidia had absorbed the folks in POWERVR when they were going out of business.

so what does this mean you ask? it means that the cell-shaded graphics were done on the dreamcast first using the powerVR PC graphics card. so RedPanda was technically wrong.

Zoarb wrote: You can't judge personal experiences. Or personal taste.

i reckon that i can when i have an informed opinion, rather than a bias like marcus had. my experience with cellshaded games i mentioned in my fist post made me realized that a non-fully cellshaded game like zelda windwaker, which i tried out on the gamecube kiosk in 2004, does not look better than a fully cell-shaded one like JSRF which i played on the xbox back in 2005, especially when we compared them in the context of purely cellshaded graphics quality, which was what marcus was doing.

windwaker was not a better looking cellshaded game than JSRF or any others, and that is not just my opinion, but also the consensus of people who played windwaker and JSRF back then.
the fact is sega had worked on numerous cellshaded games while nintendo had only started their first one, and they solicited outside help from another game developer because they couldn't make a cell-shaded game on their own. in ocntrast sega programmers made multple cell-shaded games and they do look better than windwaker.

Marcus denounced every single cell shaded games up until 2015 as being inferior to windwaker. that alone tells me he likely had no experience with other cell-shaded games, hence why i said what i said, and i was not wrong in doing so.

Zoarb wrote: A person's personal history has no basis in the timeline in which the media was released.

so if i go into the ps4 forums and claimed that i had just bought a dreamcast console for the first time in my life in tye year of 2022, and then screamed that "dreamcast games still has the best graphics to this day and every other ps4 games couldn't measure up to its beauty" in the same manner as marcus had said, then the ps4 fanbase would be unjustified and wrong in rediculing me for what i said, because, as you put it, others can't judge my personal experiences or personal taste, am i right?

in all honesty i reckon if i did something stupid like that, i'd deserve getting made fun of. and marcus deserved it.

Zoarb wrote:Lol! That's just factually incorrect. And I'll concede that they're omission of the DC is noted. It doesn't seem to be out of disdain. Just out of ignorance.

this had nothing to do with gamecubers dissing the dreamcast, this was about gamecube kiddies being stupid by saying that the GC had more games the ps2 and xbox, hence why i brought out the number of total games for the ps2 and xbox, without mentioning the DC myself.
and yes i did called Agjsdfd out on his ignorance, because he declare your gamecube with 500 games to have more games than the ps2 with its 3000 games catalog

Zoarb wrote:My response? Enjoying life lol. Going outside.

so you're saying the dreamcast community would be unable to indulge in their idle pursuits if they perform a total count of all the games the dreamcast had?

i know that the dreamcast community was much smaller back then, as evident on planet-dreamcast and other sites back then, but i was just surprised that after 20 years, the number of total dreamcast games had still not been counted. it was not unreasonable of me to assume it had already been done, since the ps2/gamecube/xbox community had done a total head count of all their games more than a decade ago.

without actual numbers i could only recalled from memory that the japanese library of the DC was much larger than the GC, this was inconvenient for me when i defended the dreamcast on planet-gamecube as having more games than the GC, since i could only say that the japanese DC games library was much larger than the GC.

but know this, i was not shaming the community and there was no malice on my part. you Zoarb, on the other hand, had been very defensive with those who talked crap about the DC or other consoles, which you identified as me shaming them.

Zoarb wrote:
The GC did win over the DC. It sold more units. Is that considered "defeating?" I wouldn't say so

i said what i said because the GC was never in a fight with the DC, therefore the GC did not defeat the DC and i don't consider sales to be relevant as i don't work as a salesman at nintendo. the DC was however was defeated by the Ps2.

the problem is with the gamecube kiddies, is that they were always attacking the dreamcast in various forums with posts talking about how the gamecube had destroyed the dreamcast and caused it to be discontinued.......as i'm sure some people here would remember that period of the dark times.

hence i ridiculed the gamecube fanbase for their so called "GC defeated DC" statement, because you cannot defeat an opponent you never faced and whom had already retired half a year before you got up to the boxing ring, analogy wise.

Zoarb wrote:
You're gonna look me in the face, and tell me the DC dying didn't benefit the GC? And again, depending on the wording, these versions were exclusive the gc for the time. Some still are.

i did not meant that the DC dying didn't benefit the GC, i was criticizing Samuel Roberts and co for saying the death of the dreamcast was a good thing as it benefited the GC.

just because the gamecube got some DC ports, does not mean that the death of the dreamcast was a good thing. Samuel Roberts and co was wrong to use such terms, and i rightfully called them out on it.

and so you Zoarb, had just defended Samuel Roberts and co's statement about the death of the dreamcast being a GOOD thing, on grounds that your precious GC got DC games in the process, which you want me to look you in the face and admit.

yet if you truly did not agree with Samuel Roberts and co's statement that the dreamcast's death as being a good thing, you would not have said that i was in the wrong for criticizing Samuel Roberts and co; because no matter how many games the GC "benefited" from the DC's death, that does not justify saying that the death of the dreamcast was a good thing, unless you're a gamecube fan, which you clearly said you were earlier.

i called Samuel Roberts and co despicable, because they portrayed in writing, the death of the dreamcast in a positive light and raved about how The death of the Dreamcast was a good thing for Nintendo. but know that no dreamcast owner here from the early 2000s will ever tell you that they think of the dreamcast's death as a good thing, solely because of the gamecube benefited from its death by getting more games.

true story, i have a rich grandfather who died a number of years ago, he didn't left me any inheritance money, but his inheritance money was close to a million which declared by will, was given to all his children......and yet i NEVER looked at all my aunts and uncles and scream right to their face that "don't tell me grandpa dying didn't benefit you!!!!!!!" there's a time and palce for everything and what Samuel Roberts and co said was not appropriate choice of words as long as dreamcast fans are still around.

lastly, Samuel Roberts said that Sonic Adventure 2, Skies of Arcadia and Super Monkey Ball were gamecube exclusives, even though super monkey ball was originally an unreleased dreamcast game.
but you know what, you should again go to the dreamcast reddit right now, and tell everyone there what you told me here about these being exclusives, do post back and let me know what happen.

Zoarb wrote: Are you one of those people who shame people getting into a new hobby because of their ignorance to something brand new to them? Because you seem like that kind of person lol.

Agjsdfd said the Gamecube had more games than Xbox, and Ps2. all i did was listed the number of games to prove him wrong, i never even ridiculed him, but that according to you is shaming?

so you don't consider what other gamecube kiddies did as "shaming", but your opinion is that i had shamed Agjsdfd or other gamecube kiddies for the stuff they said, alright supposed you're right and that i was shaming them without even knowing it, know this, this does not compare to all the shaming they did to the dreamcast community back then. while two wrongs dont make a right, i consider this thread to be a proportional response to the gamecube kiddies attacking planetdreamcast back then, as i believe in some instances there can be justification in shaming others who have first shamed us, especially if they did more of that to us, than we do to them.

for the record, i NEVER went to all those other forums where the quotes had originated from to personally confront ANY of the human beings who said them, so those people who've never been informed of this thread YET......would literally don't know, there would technically be no shame illicited on their part, even if you would consider what i did to be shaming. in all fairness they brought it on themselves, i did not make them say those things, they did it of their own volition. the same thing would happen if i attack the ps4 community or make an anti-Semite comment on twitter, people would shame me for it, and i would deserve it.

the gamecube folks started this fight first, old dreamcast fans here would agree with me on this.......but if you want to call that shaming, then that's up to you, but by your definition, that'd mean what gamecubers did was also "shaming", and they had "shamed" us first back then in the 2000s, i would be well justified in returning the favor which you called "shaming".

my motto is that if people have the right to offend me, then i have the right to feel offended and fight back. i have that right, as you everyone. if those kiddies want to shame me for this thread, then they are free to do so.

also don't forget, you're the one who inferred that i was mentally ill by asking everyone to judge me as to whether or not i need therapy. obviously you don't consider that to be "shaming", yet you accused me of "shaming" the gamecube kiddies when i called them out on their BS.......seems unfair to me don't you think?

Zoarb wrote:
-Verdict: Op should get a negative point here. Because while the post is factually incorrect,

so Agjsdfd dissed the xbox then claims that "Gamecube had more games than Xbox, and Ps2", and yet when i said he was wrong, you said i should get negetive point here......what the heck?

see....... when the gamecube kiddies gets something wrong, you vehemently defended them and come up with all sorts of crazy excuses for them, going as far as to bend the words "Exclusive" and "released on the gamecube first" in the process....... and yet when i get something right you'd say "well blueagent should get a negative point anyway".

hmmmm.

Zoarb wrote:
The wording here makes it hard to decipher is they're saying the PS2 is considered the best console ever, or the GC. Which, if I'm not 100% sure on the meaning of the phrasing, I'm not judging it.

so VanillaLake says that "GameCube was better than PS2 and is considered by most people one of the best consoles ever", which i disagree, because the wording chosen to be used here is "most people", and i can tell you that the gamecube is not considered so by "most people" to be the best, these are facts, not a biased opinion from someone who likely only had a gamecube.

also VanillaLake had explicitly said that "GameCube was better than PS2", which you then ludicrously claimed that she could possibly be talking about the ps2 being the best console, by chopping her sentence in half and selectively choosing the part which favors you while claiming there was ambiguity in her wording, when there was not. WOW.....

but i get it, you don't want to judge her because she's a fellow gamecuber like you......yet you still counted this as me being wrong in your tally. biased much?

Zoarb wrote:in this post, there is no attacking the DC going on. It's not even mentioned. At this point, you're just pointing at the Nintendo fanboy, and screaming "look at this idiot."

again this is not about attacking the DC, that post was about JLF1 saying that the gamecube had more JRPGS than the PS2, which i said was wrong, and i would be right in saying so.

so you claim that i was pointing at people and screaming that they're idiots.....if they are idiots then what's wrong with calling them idiots? infact weren't you trying to get everyone to see me in a similiar light with your tallies? (i have no problem with that though)

still what's really disturbing is that just you want to present yourself as being neutral and fair, when you have shown that was not always the case.

Zoarb wrote:Not what was said. A simple observation of the ps3 having a slow start

surfer_dude said that the GC sold 22 percent more than the PS3 in its first year. when a gamecuber brings a last generation console into a next generation console war discussion, is he not allowing the gamecube to participate in the next generation console war? also by gleefully pitting sales numbers of the gamecube against the ps3, is he not inferring that the gamecube had won against the PS3?

remember how earlier you, Zoarb had earlier said that "The GC did win over the DC. It sold more units" so according to you, sales number CAN be used to indicate that a console as having "won".....and yet when i criticize surfer_dude for bringing up sales number of the GC to pit against the ps3, you then defended him by suggesting that he was merely making an observation of the ps3 having a slow start, and that he didn't meant that the gamecube won over the ps3.

hypocrite much?

know this, if i went to the ps3 forum and claim that the dreamcast sold more units than the ps3 in the first year of its launch, people are going to interpret that as me bringing the dreamcast to fight in a next generation console war, and they would be justified in ridiculing me, or "shaming" as you might define it as such.

Zoarb wrote:Don't take it seriously.

you've always take everything i said very seriously (which i indeed was) and be very quick to point out how wrong i was, whist counting each and every one of them into your tallies. yet when Anonymous said something which was factually wrong, such as how the gamecube beat the ps2, 360 the ps3..........you then immediately jump to his defense and excused him by claiming that i should not have taken him seriously in the first place.

good god........how far are you willing to go to defend these people?

Zoarb wrote:Stop being a salesman for the DC. It wasn't mentioned. Not relevant in this context. Next.

again, the topic being discussed was not DC dissing. that guy said that said the gamecube had 8 flight sim games, it didn't.....so i was correct in stating that he was wrong.

however i did brought up dreamcast games so i supposed i was acting like a dreamcast salesman in that instance, even though i had not intended to, i must have been too sensitive and subconsciously thought he was comparing the flight sim list with the dreamcast's list, even though he wasn't.

Zoarb wrote:Factually incorrect. But again, not about the DC

again this is not about the DC, this topic is about that guy saying that the Gamecube had up to 40 or 50 RPGs, and i called him out on his BS.

you should stop getting behind that "DC not even mentioned" excuse, and use that to denounce everything i said as invalid.

Zoarb wrote:Final tally OP is 2 and 19

you need to recount those tallies, as again, not all the stuff i wrote were about dreamcast dissing.
i got some stuff wrong, but the tally is not 2 to 19.

by the way Zoarb, a number of the gamecuber's quotes now no longer exists on their respective web forum in which they were originally posted in. i presume those gamecube kiddies had requested them to be removed. also the names of at least two gamecubers, whom i quoted in my first post, would no longer had their names show up in the DC-TALK forums.

i think i have an inkling as to why they requested their embarrassing post to be removed. how ironic that, considered how relentless you were in defending those kiddies, meanwhile they themselves no longer want to be associated with what they said, nor had them confronted me on this forum, which i welcome them to do so and i promised to be cordial with them if they did.

you really should think about if its worthwhile to defend those kiddies, especially when they've already abandoned ship because they themselves don't believe they were right

Zoarb wrote:bring something damning.

i did, you just didn't want to see what you don't want to see, and you had erroneously thought that everything i wrote had only to do with one topic of gamecube kiddies dissing the dreamcast, when that was not the case.

but if you do want me to bring something.....i supposed i could show you my report card from a college joint associated with the city university of hong kong, where i completed a course of "intro to psychology" with a (B) grade, and explained to you why you inferring to the crowd here to judge me on whether i needed psychiatric treatment or not, was infact a act of what we'd called "dehumanization"........as well as for me to list the reasons why i don't meet the diagnostic criteria for having a mental illness? (i'm not kidding, i really did finish a minor course in psychology and i can scan my report card and posted it here)

Zoarb wrote:You should be a politician. Because you seem to be good at saying so much, while saying nothing.

speak for yourself, man, but thanks for the encouragement nonetheless.

Zoarb wrote:Did you capitalize anything here? But that's petty.

not at all....actually my proficiency with the english language is not on par with you, as is my grammer, because english not my native language, though i supposed i was also an lazy student who dropped out of high school so i can fervently play with my dreamcast everyday for the whole of 2002. so you weren't being petty at all i think.

also do pardon me for my bad spelling as well. after hong kong ceased to be a british colony, the kindhearted british specialist had to go back to britian before she could finished my treatment of dyslexia. still i appreciate you reading my posts nonetheless. (you said it was painful for you and made you want to scream)

PS: OMG the Mr.bean holiday movie was on TV, you made me missed it when i spent hours typing this post! how could you!!!!!!!!! jk, no but i really did missed the movie while replying to you, and to day is my last public holiday too.
Last edited by blueagent on Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

Zoarb
lithium

Post#53 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:21 am

Way to cherry pick and twist what is being said. Like I said, you should be a politician, because you seem to be great at saying so much, while in reality saying so little.

Idk if I'm going to respond to each point properly. Or at all other than this. If I do, it'll be next year. Because quite frankly, I have a lot going on right now that deserves more of my effort and attention.

However, please understand that I have been more active in this community than any before or since. I was around for the 16-bit console wars. And the beginning, and end of the Dreamcast. Phantasy Star Online is my 2nd favorite game of all time. I have 14 ways to play the first episode physically in my collection right now. it is right below Sonic 3 & Knuckles as my favorite game. So please, stay away from assumptions and stick in the realm of reality based on factual evidence. I will concede, I was outside being an active kid when all this was going on. Thus, I was not overly familiar with the online zeitgeist of the time. So, an argument could be made that I wasn't around the online space of it at the time. But I was out in the real world when that was all going on.

And your assumptions on "seeking therapy" as me labeling you "a crazy person" is overall damaging to topic of mental health in our society. Please be more careful in using such absolute language. I understand that English is not your first language. But please know that wording is very important. It also doesn't help that English is by far one of the DUMBEST languages when it comes to understanding properly. But that's a whole other topic.

If you really kept a grudge for that long, that isn't healthy. And implies you need mental help. I'm not even being a jerk here. I would tell my friends the same thing. Tha's a LONG time to hold onto something that, in the grand scheme of things, is so small.

Finally, at least for this post. If you had dropped those screenshots and posts as an archive to laugh at, and had been like, "Check out this level of ignorance from back when." None of this would've happened the way it did. Everyone would've gotten a chuckle, maybe had a bit of fun banter, and moved on. But you had to phrase it as a call out post of sorts. A failed one at that.

Remember, it's all about framing.
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Don't put all your chips on red.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

But above all, make sure you
HAVE FUN

blueagent
shadow

Post#54 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:54 am

Zoarb wrote:Way to cherry pick and twist what is being said. Like I said, you should be a politician, because you seem to be great at saying so much, while in reality saying so little.

cherry picking? i brought out valid arguments against you, which you were not able to rebuke. that's cherry picking?

then what have you been doing all this time?

i did not twist your words. you're the one who did that to me when you claimed that everything i said in this post was about dreamcast dissing, amongst various other things.

Zoarb wrote:If you really kept a grudge for that long, that isn't healthy. And implies you need mental help.

holding a grudge is not depression, it not classified as a mental illness unless depression negatively impact every aspect of one's life over an extended period of time alone.

i said this in my previous post, you clearly couldn't identify this marker, you have NEVER studied psychology

Zoarb wrote: I will concede, I was outside being an active kid when all this was going on

that doesn't change the fact that you were ignorant, which led to you misinterpreting and understanding alot of stuff i said, that is your own fault, not mine.

Zoarb wrote:And your assumptions on "seeking therapy" as me labeling you "a crazy person" is overall damaging to topic of mental health in our society.

you openly asked everyone on the forums to public-ally to judge me to see if i need therapy or not.

however no student nor psychologist anywhere would openly advocate non-practitioners of psychology (aka normal people) to do such a thing.

you have done this out of malice, and in doing so you have shown that you're the one who is doing damage to what you'd called as the "topic of mental health in our society"

for you are clearly neither a student nor a practitioner of psychology.

and all i said was i didn't want to be seen as a crazy person, out of defense after you tried to portrayed me as one. if you do the same thing to a psychologist, he'd ask you to prove your claims, as i should've done to you. instead however........i decided earlier to spared your feelings and refrained from asking you to do such a thing, as i could tell that you have no knowledge on the matter and i didn't want you to embarrass yourself. but it seems my goodwill was lost on you.

Zoarb wrote:Please be more careful in using such absolute language. I understand that English is not your first language. But please know that wording is very important.

i have never asked other students in psychology class to judge each other to see if they need therapy with the malicious intention of having others see them as being mentally ill.

you have done that yourself. so save that advice for yourself.

for you have not studied psychology, and you're not a practitioner of psychology.

i tried to keep things friendly and cordial with you, but whatever shred of respect i have for you is gone now, after that cheap shot that your ego-inflated self took when you cautioned me to use the english language carefully in the field of psychology, which you know nothing of.

you have shown a very ugly side of yourself, and diminished yourself in the eyes of your fellow peers.

you wanted to prove to everyone that gamecube fans have grown up and are no longer who they were, and yet look at how you acted on this forum. no matter what happens in the future, people on thie forum.....will NEVER look at you the same way as they did before.

i tried to lighten the mood here by telling you the true story of me putting on my cousin's unifrom and throwing in a little humor here and there, i've always tried to be friendly with you, i'd never attack a fellow dreamcast fan, even when you told me that you were a gamecube fan back then..... but you wanted to win so bad that you were willing to snooped so low, without bringing any valid arguments to prove me wrong.

and now, we will all know what to think of you.

Zoarb
lithium

Post#55 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:44 am

Zoarb wrote: Like I said, you should be a politician, because you seem to be great at saying so much, while in reality saying so little.

Real talk. This isn't worth my time. I have nothing to prove to you. I have much to say. However, I value my peace over proving how incorrect you are of your claims, or proving your blatant misrepresentation, or cherry picking of what I have said.

To those who care, just look at the previous posts in this thread, and you will see the full context which has been conveniently omitted from blueagents posts in response to myself.

blueagent. You have intentionally misrepresented what I had said, and used hyperbolic, and absolutist language to paint me in the worst possible light with what you have chosen to show, as well as omit. It shows me that you have no interest in actual discourse.

You have made 5 posts in total on these forums. All in this thread. You have contributed nothing to this community and have only made a laughingstock of yourself.

Do yourself a favor and be productive. Stop dwelling on this incident from two decades ago and move on. No one is on your side here. We are all laughing at you and talking about how unhinged you are coming across in dm's and in other places.

Because those who know me in this community know that I am not this person you are failing to paint me as.

I wish you the best in your future. But please, find peace.
Life is a gamble.

Nothing is guaranteed.

Don't put all your chips on red.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

But above all, make sure you
HAVE FUN

blueagent
shadow

Post#56 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:00 pm

Zoarb wrote:
To those who care, just look at the previous posts in this thread, and you will see the full context which has been conveniently omitted from blueagents posts in response to myself.

blueagent. You have intentionally misrepresented what I had said, and used hyperbolic, and absolutist language to paint me in the worst possible light with what you have chosen to show, as well as omit. It shows me that you have no interest in actual discourse.

We are all laughing at you and talking about how unhinged you are coming across in dm's and in other places.

theres no victory unless you make people realize why they were wrong to disagree with you in the first place. but all i heard from you was "I don't want to talk to you now, maybe next year"

regardless of what you think, you have yet to post even one quote of mine to show how I misrepresented you, or omit the stuff you said. everything you had accused me of doing to you, were infact what you had done to me.

i had infact responded to everything you wrote about me being wrong in my first reply, yet you've not responded to any of the points I made.

after that you merely hurled a wall of insults and childish retorts at me, whist accusing me of presenting you in an unfavorable light, when you have done that yourself

your hyena friends can laugh all they want at whoever has the same common username as me in whatever other forum you think I'm in, but they will never have the guts to confront me here , nor rebuke everything I had said about you.

say what you will about wanting me to find peace to portray youself as the good guy, when only a short while ago you were hell bent on getting revenge after you challanged me on psychology and got burned for it

know that this fight went more badly for you than it did for me, because your the one who wanted to back out; not me.

blueagent
shadow

Post#57 » Sat May 06, 2023 2:35 am

Zoarb wrote: I was around for the 16-bit console wars. And the beginning, and end of the Dreamcast. Phantasy Star Online is my 2nd favorite game of all time. I have 14 ways to play the first episode physically in my collection right now. it is right below Sonic 3 & Knuckles as my favorite game.

you worded your statement here in such a way, to describe youself as being there from "the beginning, and end of the Dreamcast" as you yourself had put it, which gave me the impression that you've been a dreamcast owner since its launch, and yet......

Zoarb:
Sonic 3 & Knuckles: Is a game I go back and beat annually just because I get the urge.
Phantasy Star Online: Is a game that took years to get it's hooks in me. I first tried it on a CD-R on my first Dreamcast in 2008

source:
https://web.archive.org/web/20230000000 ... ome_games/

to be fair I don't think theres anything wrong with you telling us that you bought your first dreamcast console back in 2008, but it's just that.....you told us you were actually around back when the dreamcast launched, but you also said that you never bought a dreamcast console until 2008. how curious.

so why'd you skipped over the dreamcast anyway?

Zoarb:
I may like Phantasy Star Online far more than someone who didn't play it until late 2008 has any right to.

source: https://www.reddit.com/user/Zoarb/

well it definitely doesn't sound like you were talking about selling the burned CD-R of PSO in 2008 either, so you must surely be talking about getting the dreamcast console for first time back in 2008

Zoarb wrote:-POV asks where the community is, makes three posts, and dips:

https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/1461/t ... ost-youth/

i've also been a member of the dreamcast community in neoseeker for the past 19 years, did you know that?

i posted the above sakura wars retrospect thread under the name "onlygraphics" back in 2022, during the time period when you accused me of having dipped.

Zoarb wrote:you need mental help. I'm not even being a jerk here. I would tell my friends the same thing. 

Zoarb wrote:We are all laughing at you and talking about how unhinged you are

you claim to respect people with mental illness, yet you openly admitted that you'd laugh at others whom you perceive as being emotionally unstable.

that is who you are.

for I have never once verbally attacked you, or anyone on this forum, as you have done to me.

Zoarb wrote:Are you one of those people who shame people getting into a new hobby

Agjsdfd never said the dreamcast was a new hobby back in the 2010s.....the fact is, you called the dreamcast "a new hobby" for yourself; which accurately corresponded to what you said about being a first time dreamcast owner in 2008

Zoarb wrote:as everything listed is easily verified one way or the other with a quick Wikipedia search

the fact that you claimed wikipedia was around during the dreamcast days of the early 2000s, is another tell tale sign you are in fact much younger than you'd be willing to tell us.

Zoarb wrote:op should seek therapy"

Zoarb wrote:you need mental help.

Zoarb wrote:OH MY GOD! Talk to people! 

Zoarb wrote:My response? Enjoying life lol. Going outside.

Zoarb wrote:It shows me that you have no interest in actual discourse.

you wanted me to get psychiatric help, but then you thuggishly declared that I have no friends to talk to, and don't go outside and have no social life.....before accusing me of never being interested in having civilized discussion with you.

do you even hear youself?

Zoarb wrote:So please, stay away from assumptions and stick in the realm of reality based on factual evidence.

since you said you never owned a dreamcast console until 2008 and have not been a member on planet-dreamcast forums in the early 2000s, yet you would argue with me over what happened on planetdreamcast and insists to me that jet set radio wasn't the first cellshaded game?

is this what you call sticking in the realm of reality?

Zoarb wrote:TL;DR Every point made

Zoarb wrote:TL;DR

Zoarb wrote:Idk if I'm going to respond to each point properly

Zoarb wrote:you will see the full context which has been conveniently omitted from blueagents posts in response to myself.

you refused to read all 3 of my messages, then accused me of having never replied to you....are you for real?

so jack refused to read jill's letters, then claimed she never wrote to him.

I hope in time, you see the magnitude of your own folly

Zoarb wrote:So good for us GC fans

spoken like a true gamecube fan who said he bought his first dreamcast in 2008.

Zoarb wrote:You're gonna look me in the face, and tell me the DC dying didn't benefit the GC

the dreamcast did not have to die for the benefit of the Nintendo fanbase, because sonic adventure and pso were already playable during the Dreamcast era, but then again you said never had a DC until 2008, so no wonder you'd feel that way

Zoarb wrote:in dm's and in other places.

i've been a member on pso-world since 2007, under the name "coolaid".

meanwhile you joined our community as a new member back in 2016

i sent you a message on psoworld calling you out to everyone there for talking down to an old member like me.

Zoarb wrote:I was around for the 16-bit console wars.

I am doubtful, considered you listed yourself as a student in 2016 on your psoworld profile. you also talked about your college roommate on reddit back in 2021.

i was around during the british colony days in the early 1990s when I frequently saw Brits buying japanese PCengine and megadrive stuff from the local video game malls here in hong kong and bringing it back to the UK.

Zoarb wrote:You have made 5 posts in total on these forums. All in this thread. You have contributed nothing to this community and have only made a laughingstock of yourself. 

you have made 3 posts in total on this thread, only for me to revealed that despite your claims of being around the dreamcast scene back then, you've never actually owned a dreamcast console back in the 2000s, a fact which you tried so desperately to hide from us, albeit in vain

so I reckon that in the end, I will have the last laugh.

Zoarb wrote:No one is on your side here.

you too stand alone in this thread, as none of your friends have the guts to stand for you here....to this very day.

also i have stood alone on planetgamecube against their entire horde of hostile fanbase....and you are but one man who have now been exposed for lying about your history with the dreamcast

I'm proud to have been one of those who have defended our planetdreamcast forums from the gamecube kids who relentlessly attacked us. I have no regrets, only pride for protecting the dreamcast community back then.

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#58 » Sat May 06, 2023 6:05 am

Why the hell is this thread still going...