Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.
siwowes
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#21 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:22 am

DarkVampire295 wrote:If I had the file I could make a cdi for you use bootdreams and select the folder itself then let it do it's thing

No worries @DarkVampire, it needs Two type of preparations:
One for CDI version
And onother one for ISO Dremshell version
So in the end i did mate, just because the SDK from Dreamcast for me it's new one ;)
Last edited by siwowes on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

siwowes
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#22 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:28 am

Anyway thank you all for your support...
I have the suspect that it's not the Dreamcast HARDWARE limitation here, I have the suspect about the cooding optimization of the game (and anyway the creator have made a good job on it, I can only congratulation with him). Because, If was the Dreamcast problems, once you will start the game with REDREAM pc Emulator at 60FPS with aviable all the resources from the PC, the game should run the Audio perfectly but it's not the case. The audio it has the problem, and if it was related to the only FPS problems, in this case the Audio should speed up as the FPS of the game (in the PC at 60 FPS). It' s true, that the game speed up a bit, but it's not really fluid FPS at 60 and the Audio crack as the FPS. So the counting clock it's not congrued with the real Emulation at 60 FPS, here there are some fix to do with the SDK and building the game.....

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 2966
Contact:

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#23 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:11 am

It was 60fps butter smooth with out sound Mrneo240 is a freind of mine.. Sound on dreamcast the hardware stalls the cache of the main cpu as it's software mixed this why with sound it slows it .. this is pushing the dreamcast hardware 100% it's double the res of the normal game.. I can tell you dont matter what the rom size is this on debug using all of the dreamcast memory all of it.. this correct info because I was one of the first person to ever see this running and test it ..

Openg GL and kos have a memory foot print there is less then 500k when this boots left got nothing to do with the rom size it's the engine set up buffers and memory foot print..

Redream is 10% faster then real hardware and has instant DMA no file access hit for memory systems .. please dont use redream and think thats how things run on hardware .. it's a false fools world..

all emulators do not do the timing of real dreamcast hardware ram access and have the acia sound chip at 40mhz constant it's not thats false doc it's 25mhz.. with real world out put of 12mhz under load..

SO redream will never show you what dreamcast hardware can do at all..

A dreamcast with a gdemu is still slower then REDREAM which using optimizing and faking to gain speed.. Does not fully emulator all the dreamcast hardware..

siwowes
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#24 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:37 am

Ian Micheal wrote:It was 60fps butter smooth with out sound Mrneo240 is a freind of mine.. Sound on dreamcast the hardware stalls the cache of the main cpu as it's software mixed this why with sound it slows it .. this is pushing the dreamcast hardware 100% it's double the res of the normal game.. I can tell you dont matter what the rom size is this on debug using all of the dreamcast memory all of it.. this correct info because I was one of the first person to ever see this running and test it ..

Openg GL and kos have a memory foot print there is less then 500k when this boots left got nothing to do with the rom size it's the engine set up buffers and memory foot print..

All right, thank you a lot for all the precious infos @Ian Michael, for this reason the ROM size that exceeded the 8 MB was strange topic for me ;).
But what happened to @Mrneo240?

siwowes
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#25 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:41 am

Ian Micheal wrote:It was 60fps butter smooth with out sound Mrneo240 is a freind of mine.. Sound on dreamcast the hardware stalls the cache of the main cpu as it's software mixed this why with sound it slows it .. this is pushing the dreamcast hardware 100% it's double the res of the normal game.. I can tell you dont matter what the rom size is this on debug using all of the dreamcast memory all of it.. this correct info because I was one of the first person to ever see this running and test it ..

Redream is 10% faster then real hardware and has instant DMA no file access hit for memory systems .. please dont use redream and think thats how things run on hardware .. it's a false fools world..

all emulators do not do the timing of real dreamcast hardware ram access and have the acia sound chip at 40mhz constant it's not thats false doc it's 25mhz.. with real world out put of 12mhz under load..

SO redream will never show you what dreamcast hardware can do at all..

A dreamcast with a gdemu is still slower then REDREAM which using optimizing and faking to gain speed.. Does not fully emulator all the dreamcast hardware..

Yeap I understood about REDREAM, just was a comparison between my real Dreamcast with the internal SSD Mod and REDREAM and I noticed that here there is somenthing more than just a limitation of the real Dreamcast hardware ;)

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 2966
Contact:

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#26 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:49 am

Mrneo240 has taken it very far and open to any one to complete it.. to me only way to get proper music for sound track would be CDDA with triggers that is direct DMA would have no impact on FPS on this.. it would take a lot of work to do this..

If you did using DMA cdda you would have perfect music no slow down.. since this loads all into system ram on boot..

So it would not need to play and convert samples it would be a trigger that plays a cdda music track..

being optical console this really the only way


This is using very optimized version of his PSP sm64 port so pretty amazing work..

siwowes
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#27 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:12 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Mrneo240 has taken it very far and open to any one to complete it.. to me only way to get proper music for sound track would be CDDA with triggers that is direct DMA would have no impact on FPS on this.. it would take a lot of work to do this..

If you did using DMA cdda you would have perfect music no slow down.. since this loads all into system ram on boot..

So it would not need to play and convert samples it would be a trigger that plays a cdda music track..

being optical console this really the only way


This is using very optimized version of his PSP sm64 port so pretty amazing work..

Yes I can see his great job, also I'm trying to replace Mario with Sonic but it needs extra work here because it's not like the sm64ex port to apply the patches....

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Developer
Posts: 2966
Contact:

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#28 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:18 am

Yeah it's his port of it from psp to dc.. and GLDC the guy is great freind and amazing coder :)

User avatar
DarkVampire295
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#29 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:37 pm

siwowes wrote:
DarkVampire295 wrote:If I had the file I could make a cdi for you use bootdreams and select the folder itself then let it do it's thing

No worries @DarkVampire, it needs Two type of preparations:
One for CDI version
And onother one for ISO Dremshell version
So in the end i did mate, just because the SDK from Dreamcast for me it's new one ;)


When it's all set to go would love to play it.

siwowes
undertow
Posts: 29

Re: Super Mario 64 port and 1ST_READ.bin file. Please help!!!

Post#30 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:55 pm

DarkVampire295 wrote:
siwowes wrote:
DarkVampire295 wrote:If I had the file I could make a cdi for you use bootdreams and select the folder itself then let it do it's thing

No worries @DarkVampire, it needs Two type of preparations:
One for CDI version
And onother one for ISO Dremshell version
So in the end i did mate, just because the SDK from Dreamcast for me it's new one ;)


When it's all set to go would love to play it.

Just then I have applied successfully Sonic...at least it's less "sacrilege" :lol:
Attachments
pic 2.png
pic.png

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Dreamcast Community”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users