Shenmue II – Save Games

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Shenmue II – Save Games

Post#1 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:01 pm

This may or may not be of interest to some people, but I decided to share my Shenmue II save files. During my last play-through in 2012 I saved to multiple slots, each slot representing a different disc, which in a way allows me to free-roam different locations without worrying about the story. If you copy all files from the folder to your VMU you'll also find that I've unlocked every street fight, mini-game, and arcade game in the Shenmue collection.

Link: https://mega.nz/folder/d49yQJjT#3EqMvuS_xHbRhouAGHVpMQ

MarianoRyu
noob

Re: Shenmue II – Save Games

Post#2 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:19 pm

Hello! Can I ask you how I would transfer these files to the VMU? They don't seem to have any particular format...

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post#3 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:15 pm

MarianoRyu wrote:Hello! Can I ask you how I would transfer these files to the VMU? They don't seem to have any particular format...

I am able to copy them directly on my console with DreamShell and they work fine. The file extensions or lack thereof don't seem to be an issue.

MarianoRyu
noob

Post#4 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:53 am

I sorted it out - they are RAW data saves. Just needed the VMU Browser tool to convert them into .DCI or .VMS/.VMI format.

Thank you very much for the help and the saves!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:55 pm

http://katana.cyou still don't know usage of this site

I'm not able to DL saves to VMU not from PC that is, I do have DreamPi! But still not any site you can freely upload then to obtain from the Dreamcast