Dreampipe.net

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Dreampipe.net

Post#31 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:00 pm

4.0 was gladly not Lost!
http://www.segasaturn.co.uk/files/publi ... b4035b.rar

and have a number of videos of it in action

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#32 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:41 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
itsthinkingstill wrote:the closest thing to dlc on the saturn was some music files, some wallpaper, saves and the only "real" dlc was the option to instead of buying new web browsers, you could download the new one on the saturn. although it did reset once you turned off the saturn

Now I'm really going to derail this thread but because it is somewhat related, I'm going to spill the beans. That DLC file was lost back in 2000 so it's not like it is going to be recovered like ever. Now the thing was a save file which went onto the internal memory which was sadly copy protected so if if the battery ever dies then the DLC was lost. Now it was more like a firmware patch for the thing and because it was an optional file it's not like we lost very much.

Now Planet Web, just like the Dreamcast had 3 versions alongside with several revisions for the Saturn and at one point there was going to be a v4.0 which never came out due to Sega at the time retracting the console off store shelves back in 1998. However it was said that the rom was dumped back then too but to be lost after the dot com crash of 2001, but that urban legend was shot down like 5 years ago when someone found the thing on a backup tape (remember when that was a standard for data storage?) and reuploaded it onto the internet right around the time of the Megaupload seizure (which didn't affect this at all unlike most other things) for everyone to use. It was a unique iso file because it is the optional downloadable save file that was pre patched onto verson 3.0 while retaining the look of the last public release on the Saturn. The internal version number is like 4035b but it was no doubt the V4 that was shelved at the time. The only thing that wasn't complete is that the updated UI was never finished. I have the rom archived onto my PC so if anyone out there can swap trick the saturn or has a modified console can give it a spin they can. I don't mind sending it to you if you really want it, but you have to PM me okay?

Now I have honestly never really seen this done with Dreamcast here in the US but I have heard that it is real and it has been done before but having a patch file sent to you via Planet Web or Sega Net could have been possible

If you look at the strings of the Planetweb binary all of the strings for Saturn stuff are still there. So it's likely that if this feature does exist and some old links or something can be found for the patch download then it probably could be done on Dreamcast. But you can only add so much before you run out of memory so it's use wouldn't go that far other than to prove the concept
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post#33 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:23 am

Dreampipe is pretty neat.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#34 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:46 pm

everynewday84 wrote:Dreampipe is pretty neat.

Thanks man, the Halloween theme broke the media and VMU page. It's kind of a bitch to fix considering I don't know PHP, but after Halloween it should be normal for a little bit before the holidays

You should reg on the BB, I've been trying to get people active over there. It only works on Dreamcast so I'm not 'competing' with dc-talk at all. It's supposed to be like dc-talk on dreamcast

The IRC server should be back up in a few days. My internet was out for a few weeks so I couldn't fix anything, my host lost the VPS node, so I have to setup the server again from scratch
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Greg2600
dark night

Post#35 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:03 am

Necro-Bump but I created a SegaNet account on Dreampipe.Net, but when I try to Login it does nothing. I'm sure of the details because I did Forgot Password and was emailed them.

Second question I had was that games that have a Leaderboard hosted; I cannot pull it up in game. For instance, I tried SF Rush 2049 and Sonic Adv 2. Clicked Website on Rush, didn't load. Sonic Homepage is greyed out. I'm using the game discs on both and I know the DreamPi is functioning.

PS: Does PlanetWeb 4.0 actually exist?

Xiden
Developer

Post#36 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:24 am

Greg2600 wrote:Necro-Bump but I created a SegaNet account on Dreampipe.Net, but when I try to Login it does nothing. I'm sure of the details because I did Forgot Password and was emailed them.

Second question I had was that games that have a Leaderboard hosted; I cannot pull it up in game. For instance, I tried SF Rush 2049 and Sonic Adv 2. Clicked Website on Rush, didn't load. Sonic Homepage is greyed out. I'm using the game discs on both and I know the DreamPi is functioning.

PS: Does PlanetWeb 4.0 actually exist?

I tested both websites, they seem to be working as intended. Can you provide a screenshot of your issue?

As far as drampipe sega.net logins go... currently it is not functional at this time. You can however use the dreampipe login on any leaderboard site just fine. So you can login to sf2049, samba, jsr , etc but not dreampipe site yet.

Greg2600
dark night

Post#37 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:05 pm

Okay, here's Sonic Adventure, where the Internet box is greyed out and says I need to register with the Web Browser disc first.

Sonic Adventure 2 says nothing just greyed out.

Here's what Rush 2049 does.

That's the system which has a working GD ROM. So I tried another one that has the USB GD install, and Rush worked. Tried Sonic Adv 2 but the game crashed when I tried to hit Internet. Those might have been Euro dumps not sure, I can't find any NTSC dumps anymore and converting to GDI is aggravating. Anyway, normally the ISO's I run on the USB GD seem to work.

So am I supposed to do something with the Web Browser disc (If I can find it)? If so, what does that actually do, save something on the system to show it's registered?

Greg2600
dark night

Post#38 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:53 pm

Well stupid me, you DO need to run the web browser/planetweb disc first! Durrrrrrrr. Where/how does this save settings to the console? Do they go away if it's been unplugged for a long time?

Xiden
Developer

Post#39 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:05 am

Greg2600 wrote:Well stupid me, you DO need to run the web browser/planetweb disc first! Durrrrrrrr. Where/how does this save settings to the console? Do they go away if it's been unplugged for a long time?

It saves internet settings to internal dreamcast flash memory. So even if you unplug it will still work later on :)