the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

GodlySnail
noob

Re: the unreleased resident evil code veronica x for dc

Post#11 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:05 am

Oh and may a mod can input this links for the france version in my other post?
https://multiup.org/download/a1abbf6d12 ... FR_GD2.rar
https://multiup.org/download/e13877e795 ... FR_GD1.rar

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#12 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:24 am

@truemaster1 : I hope today is very good day, I think I have finish the 1ST_READ.BIN jap version patch as you can see below. Now there is a VWF access for centering and locating the beginning of the text and each caracter has a VWF acces for sizing it :

I let you figure out which one is the good VWF ;-)

For me it was more easier to try this jap 1ST_READ.BIN VWF patch with french text, but if you have time, you can try to rebuild each version of RECVX with this 1ST_READ.BIN (of course I have kept you vmu patch), the VWF is the biggest one so every langages must work :
I'm very proud to present you the 1ST_READ.BIN VWF and vmu patch !
https://mega.nz/#!ojQF1ASZ!4e6dk5q74kBT ... hgYcViQLu0

I want to try it on a real hardware, if you don't have time to rebuild it. Please explain to me how have you done the RECVX ?... Have you remplace the AFS and the .ALD from each version to the jap version ? Did you have done something more ?

Of course, there's still a lot to do but it's a huge step :)

edit : I can't find your item.afs patch the link is not available, could you share it again please ?
edit 2 : I post this on assembler games forum too.

Zero1219
shadow

Post#13 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:34 pm

Awesome to see you guys working on this. I downloaded the most recent one posted and im on disc 2 and nearing the end. here's my notes by using GDI's on GDemu. When I finish the main game ill edit the notes, same for if I decide to do battle game.

Disc 1:
-In the first visit to Military Training Facility, after setting off the biohazard alarm and escaping the shutter. All sound completely turned off. I got to a save point, saved and reloaded and all was fixed. Happened once, did not repeat it.

-First video with Wesker. When entering the Palace after obtaining the Piano Roll for story, it initiates this cutscene which is an extra. There was bad dialogue for the subtitles but the video was great. The game crashed after letting the video play out in full. I reloaded, and skipped the video hitting Start and it worked fine. Happened once, did not repeat it.

-When about to fight Tyrant on the cargo plane, all sound turned off again. An alarm is going off again like in the Military Training Facility. Happened several times. Tried switching to Mono sound and entering the room to fight Tyrant right when alarm starts and right when it ends. To no avail, sadly.
Had to fight him in complete silence, save the game and watch what I missed on YouTube. Wish I was intelligent enough to have a fix, sorry....... Died a few times on Tyrant and kept reloading game to see if it would ever work and it randomly did once.

Disc 2:
-Game breaking issue here! The tiger statue in the remake mansion part where you fight Alexia for the first time. When you grab the red or blue jewels, it goes in your inventory and it never is taken from the statue. So, it doesn't move to give you the Socket which is needed to continue the game. The missed magnum bullets are just insult to injury. Small issue that im trying to surpass at the moment with gameshark to start with the Socket in my inventory or something. (Socket Always in Chest- 84234357 00710001)

Zer0
shadow

Post#14 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:52 pm

truemaster1
minority

Post#15 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:49 am

gdemu issues. it will happent too on untouched gdi. the main site we discuss about it and exchange patches for the game is here
https://assemblergames.com/threads/the- ... 84/page-28
im very active there, i havent yet upload an updated gdi bacause the game is frequently patched. anyway i dont know if you can stil register a new acount there the site can close for good any day now.

armymike23
noob

Post#16 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:39 pm

would def love a fix for this thanks

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#17 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:03 am

I know we have this issue with old version of dreamshell (normally we don't have it we the last version but not sure for now).
It seems come from a start memory change at this moment during the game

Please answer that questions :

It's with the release we have already done I guess ?
Do you have it we kazenban original version ?
And we our last version of 1ST_READ.BIN @truemaster1 ?

truemaster1
minority

Post#18 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:54 pm

the issues with gdemu will happen even if you play on untouched game. deunan is preparing a new gdemu f/w that will corect this and others games. the final release of this moded game will happen very soon iam in final stages of fixing

truemaster1
minority

Post#19 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:25 am

im here to let you know the final version is live. thanks to assemblergames comunity (you know you you are people)
code veronica x final release
region NTSC-US
language English
gdi 1
https://mega.nz/#!mIIGXITL!vaV6eg-hbU5R ... owF3Uv9_pU
gdi 2
https://mega.nz/#!mUhlXCzR!4WuZ58YulRLp ... zTiZjkDuRM

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:14 am

Any hopes of CDIs ..?