Old player returning.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Skyly
noob

Old player returning.

Post#1 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:55 am

Hey guys, So first off let me tell you a bit about myself. I bought the Sega dreamcast when it was first coming out, My friend Alberto had a SNES so for awhile I was jealous of the RPG titles that system had but when Phantasy star IV came out I was excited to have a great title besides PS II and Shining Force. I later got a Sega CD and enjoyed the Luna series and Vay and Populmail. m friend later got one too and I got SNES too, I got the Dreamcast with Shemune but later a co worker at Blockbuster video told me about Phantasy Star and I bought it shortly after. The memory of beating it and the community and experience is something Iv'e longed for, I downloaded blue burst but it wasn't the same feeling. fast forward to today and my dad is sick and I need to move him into a nursing home While going through a lot of boxes I found my DC and all my memory cards I brought all of these back to my new state which is 3000 miles from where I grew up and I am very much looking forward to playing my Dreamcast online again my main Character is Gen. Skyler level 100 and 109 on ver.2 I use the Twin Brand and the 1979 Katana. I hope to ind some of my old PSO friends still playing when I get my dad settled into his new living space. RL first right now though, I'll touch base with this site after I get my DC PI though looking forward to joining you.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Old player returning.

Post#2 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:41 am

Cool! Nice to have you here! I don't play PSO often but will when I can...do you have any other online games?

Kobra Kai
lithium

Post#3 » Sun May 13, 2018 7:53 am

Skyly i feel like you said it for everyone about pso and the incredible times back in 1999-2002.
I also played blueburst and it was enjoyable it perhaps couldnt luve up to my nostalgia with dreamcast .

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#4 » Sun May 13, 2018 9:19 am

Skyly wrote:Hey guys, So first off let me tell you a bit about myself. I bought the Sega dreamcast when it was first coming out, My friend Alberto had a SNES so for awhile I was jealous of the RPG titles that system had but when Phantasy star IV came out I was excited to have a great title besides PS II and Shining Force. I later got a Sega CD and enjoyed the Luna series and Vay and Populmail. m friend later got one too and I got SNES too, I got the Dreamcast with Shemune but later a co worker at Blockbuster video told me about Phantasy Star and I bought it shortly after. The memory of beating it and the community and experience is something Iv'e longed for, I downloaded blue burst but it wasn't the same feeling. fast forward to today and my dad is sick and I need to move him into a nursing home While going through a lot of boxes I found my DC and all my memory cards I brought all of these back to my new state which is 3000 miles from where I grew up and I am very much looking forward to playing my Dreamcast online again my main Character is Gen. Skyler level 100 and 109 on ver.2 I use the Twin Brand and the 1979 Katana. I hope to ind some of my old PSO friends still playing when I get my dad settled into his new living space. RL first right now though, I'll touch base with this site after I get my DC PI though looking forward to joining you.

Welcome to the community and Dreamcast. Make sure to download and burn the PSO V2 enhanced ISO from ISOZONE. It has much improvements over the original GD-ROM.

Let us know how you get on with setting up the DreamPi
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun May 13, 2018 1:37 pm

I'm sorry to read that! Welcome and look forward to seeing you take your Dreamcast live again! Unlike new suckers like me who never did until DreamPi!!!

PSO!!!!!

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#6 » Sun May 13, 2018 2:09 pm

hey man, welcome

don't forget there's a crapload of other games 8-)

edit: make an account on sylverant.net and input your SN\AK so you can use server-side character backup and restoration, among other features. backup command is "/save <slot number>". so you'd type "/save 1" then if you need to restore its "/restore 1"

i think someone else here can find the page of all the commands and features. IIRC you have to login with "/login" command before you can backup, but you might only have to do this once
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net