Disks?

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: Disks?

Post#11 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:46 pm

The reason why PSO actually requires a boot disc is to patch out a check in the game that attempts to contact a (long defunct) Sega server to see if you've paid for the subscription to the game. Obviously Sega took this server down long ago, but the game will still try to contact it and refuse to go any farther in connecting to any server otherwise.

rjcoviello
lithium

Post#12 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:33 pm

@Bluecrab, that’s cool info! I was wondering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#13 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:18 pm

Wecome! It's a LOT less complicated than it all sounds. Most games are just plug and play pretty much. Let us know if you have any other questions. What games have you picked up so far to play online?

rjcoviello
lithium

Post#14 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:12 am

@nico0020 I have PSO 1 and 2 right off the bat! I picked up Quake III, Alien Storm and pcwzrd sent me PBA Bowling plus the PSO patch disc. I have plenty more to get it sounds like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shredwerd
noob

Post#15 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:48 am

If you are trying to burn the game to CD PSO palace has copies that are pre patched and allow you to play online including sylverant servers without the boot disc.

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:09 am

shredwerd wrote:If you are trying to burn the game to CD PSO palace has copies that are pre patched and allow you to play online including sylverant servers without the boot disc.
He said he has the original game disc and was only looking to burn the patcher, not that he wanted to burn a copy of the game.