Having an issue with web browsing

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

tak2788
undertow

Having an issue with web browsing

Post#1 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi i just got a new dreampi and have set it up and it appears to be working properly as i have already logged on to a few games. My issue is when i use the web browser to try and search something it pauses for a while and then says unable to load requested document. Whats the problem?

GIR
rebel

Re: Having an issue with web browsing

Post#2 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:21 pm

The main issue I’ve found with browsing on the Dreamcast is it can’t support the new internet webpages, you have to find a compatible webpage that works with the old internet. Hope that helps

tak2788
undertow

Post#3 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:23 pm

But how can i do that if it wont let me do a search for a webpage? Im just trying to connect to dreampipe and dreamcastlive.

GIR
rebel

Post#4 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:23 pm

You should be able to access dreampipe just fine, I’m not sure about dreamcastlive, I’d like to think they would both be accessible with the DC’s limited browser, if one browser is giving you issues I’d try a different one and see if that helps.

ioncannon
Anarki

Post#5 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:43 pm

I ran into the same issue. It seems that website does not work for the 1.0 version of the web browser. I had to use the 2.0 version.