Total noob, how to start?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

nighlanderLX
noob

Total noob, how to start?

Post#1 » Wed May 18, 2022 6:06 pm

I finally got my Dreamcast online with DreamPi and also started running Flycast on Retropie which is so much easier, but not the realest DC experience. I was ecstatic to start playing with y'all, only to keep finding roadblocks. Chuchu Rocket throws a password error, PSO doesn't succeed logging in either (w/ fake # and access key), and I see no one in Quake. Figuring I'm doing a lot of things wrong, and they're all different and I'm sure there are other 20 topics here for this, but everyone seems very much in the know about what's been said while I'm a total noob. What's missing here? Do I need to register on the right servers? Only show up at scheduled times? Very eager to be a part of the community!

supah_mama_luigi
shadow

Re: Total noob, how to start?

Post#2 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:50 am

My best advice is to check out dreamcast live as they usually have guides for connection issues. I recall having to change some settings in my router to allow some games to work. As for the games that don't have players, that's just when ya gotta look out for other people doing game nights you can hop in with.