Who in the UK (or EU) needs/wants a USB LVI?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: Who in the UK (or EU) needs/wants a USB LVI?

Post#11 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:00 am

DreamcastUK wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:Hi DC UK. Thanks for that. I'm trying to prioritize for EU people that dont have a DreamPi yet and are getting put off by having to make a LVI, especially an EU one. I will make them for people that have one already though.

Does anyone here not have a DreamPi but is thinking of getting one?

Ok sure, like I say I have 5 people wanting to get their Dreamcasts back online (I’m sure I still class as an EU person being from the UK, we’ve not left the EU yet) lol. Let me know when your good to go

Ok DCUK.

Ill be back home soon and update you then.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#12 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:58 am

Anonymouse wrote:I live in the UK and would be willing to make and sell USB powered LVI for people who need them. £10 + postage.

I am an electrical engineer, the build quality will be to a high standard. All components will be epoxy glued to the board but will not be inside a housing.

At the moment I am wanting to know if there is anyone interested in this as I will need to order the required parts before hand. I am currently abroad and will be returning home October 16. I only have a week to do this before I leave again so I only plan on making 5 or less.

If anyone is interested please reply to this topic.

EDIT: I will be prioritizing for people who dont already have one. My aim is to get new players online.

I would be very interested. How much will it probably cost and what will I need for this to work? I've never owned one and would love to get my dreamcasts back online. Might even order more than 1 for my multiple dreamcasts to play with people online in my home if that is possible.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 am

Research DreamPi on google/youtube. Essentially you need:

-Raspberry Pi 3
-LVI (£10 + postage)
-4GB micro SD card
- Lenovo/Dell modem

The LVI is the only part that needs to be made from separate electronic components and is that part that puts some potential users off.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

monkeytsar
noob

Post#14 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:30 am

Hi I'd be interested in an LVI, i have the pi and the USB modem (DELL) but i just need the LVI to get back online.

I'm in the UK.

gjb1985
drunken sailor

Post#15 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:14 am

are there people who sell complete dreampi's to europe?

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#16 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Any update on this Anonymouse? :)
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#17 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:20 am

Hey Dave Van Damn. Thank you for your interest. I returned a few days late from Spain due to that hurricane.

All the parts have arrived. I actually ordered parts to make 10.

Now that I am planning on making 10 I think I am going to take the bits to my work and make them there instead. I work offshore as an Electrical Engineer so can do it during work time when things are quiet.

Are you in need of one now? I could make one and send it to you.

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#18 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:51 am

Anonymouse wrote:Hey Dave Van Damn. Thank you for your interest. I returned a few days late from Spain due to that hurricane.

All the parts have arrived. I actually ordered parts to make 10.

Now that I am planning on making 10 I think I am going to take the bits to my work and make them there instead. I work offshore as an Electrical Engineer so can do it during work time when things are quiet.

Are you in need of one now? I could make one and send it to you.

Awesome. No rush! I'll be back in the UK in December so I can collect it from my parents' house when I'm home :)
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Switch024
noob

Post#19 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 am

If you have enough I'd be interested in buying one of these from you Anonymouse.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#20 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Switch024 wrote:If you have enough I'd be interested in buying one of these from you Anonymouse.

Cheers for the interest. Ill keep everyone updated.

Return to “Online”