POD SpeedZone Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mickschen
core

Re: POD SpeedZone Is Back Online!

Post#81 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:49 pm

Ok mate, i will test it too and after i played it in the next time with an other console i will tell you...

the really screw thing is that Iggi played NTSC and it was normal, then he played the pal and he was much faster (you can see it at the begining too, its like a jump into the front and then he rush away...) and after backl to NTSC it wa snormal again...

so, we will see! If i have an answer, we will show you the difference... so you have all types of harwdare at home?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#82 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:59 pm

You have to discuss if others playing VGA signal er not because VGA won't do 50 always into 60hz

I've yet still I am dying to play PAL game such as Monaco Toy Racer and the other player tells me he run 50hz and see if things happen (oh I believe this POD too since both region can Shumania can DreamPi together? Don't know)

mickschen
core

Post#83 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:40 pm

both version are on 60hz.

both version are still online. pal with modem (dreampi or dial in) ntsc with Modem and BBA...

vga will not be the problem.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#84 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:25 pm

Misinterpret

VGA vs RGB (er less) different hz0rz

mickschen
core

Post#85 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:59 am

...tell me the difference!

Both games are running on 60hz! With any cable!

This game is not on the PAL list with no 60hz options like for example Hydro Thunder!

Xiden
Developer

Post#86 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:29 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
mickschen wrote:So @pcwizard, yester i played with some guys in a 4er group and one of them had teh pal version and he was faster!
He won the game but i had the faster times. You know, he was 20-30 secons slower but won the game :D

What do you think about that? I dont have to work till april. If you have time and different consoles at home, we can test it together if you want!

That doesn't really match up with what I've seen. In fact it's about the opposite. I've played quite a bit of POD, most of the time against all PAL players, and I tend to win a lot of the time. If there was really a difference, I'm sure I wouldn't win nearly as much. And I'm certainly not fantastic at this game. Maybe just average. lol

I'm happy to test it with you if you want though. I did talk to Shuouma as well and he agrees that it's likely an lag-related issue.

We all know this has something to do with PC's GameShark! :lol: ;)
Last edited by Xiden on Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xiden
Developer

Post#87 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:31 am

mickschen wrote:Ok mate, i will test it too and after i played it in the next time with an other console i will tell you...

the really screw thing is that Iggi played NTSC and it was normal, then he played the pal and he was much faster (you can see it at the begining too, its like a jump into the front and then he rush away...) and after backl to NTSC it wa snormal again...

so, we will see! If i have an answer, we will show you the difference... so you have all types of harwdare at home?

Its def a lag thing, I haven't read too far back but have you tried using BBA instead of Dreampi(Dialup)? If its jumping ahead and rushing away he's likely using his thrusters at the start.

mickschen
core

Post#88 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Yeah read a lil bit more from the last page before :-P

Cyrano_de_Tejas
shadow

Post#89 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:22 am

Hey all, I'm having trouble connecting to POD, I'm using the DreamPi Dialup and when I try to create an account it gives me a Read Configuration Failed and that the "HTTP Request Timed Out". I've double checked that I have the dial up info correct but can't figure out why I can connect. Thanks!

Xiden
Developer

Post#90 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:47 am

Cyrano_de_Tejas wrote:Hey all, I'm having trouble connecting to POD, I'm using the DreamPi Dialup and when I try to create an account it gives me a Read Configuration Failed and that the "HTTP Request Timed Out". I've double checked that I have the dial up info correct but can't figure out why I can connect. Thanks!

Is your dreamcast setup for DMZ?