POD SpeedZone Is Back Online!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Cyrano_de_Tejas
shadow

Re: POD SpeedZone Is Back Online!

Post by Cyrano_de_Tejas »

I guess not and admit that I'm unsure how to set this up. This is the only game that I have a problem connecting to though if that helps.

Roareye
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Chu Chu Rocket, Quake 3, Monaco GP 2, PSO, Planet Ring, Toy Racer, Worms World Party

Post by Roareye »

Cyrano_de_Tejas wrote:I guess not and admit that I'm unsure how to set this up. This is the only game that I have a problem connecting to though if that helps.
Are you on a PAL system, or do you usually use PAL browsers etc?
I'll admit I've had issue with POD Speedzone before because the US edition is so locked to the PlanetWeb browser settings. Sometimes I've had to override my preferred modem settings (Dreamkey/Passport) with PlanetWeb just to get POD Speedzone to run online. If POD 2 Multiplayer Online is back online (The PAL version) then I'd advise that copy because nobody should have to suffer any aspect of PlanetWeb, not even it's settings XD

Cyrano_de_Tejas
shadow

I am running the US version of POD Speedzone, right off the disc. I'll have to double check the browser settings, but I can connect to the internet using the web browser on the disc.

I was wondering, do I have to get someone to set up an account for me before I can connect or does the create account still work within the game?

Roareye
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Chu Chu Rocket, Quake 3, Monaco GP 2, PSO, Planet Ring, Toy Racer, Worms World Party

Post by Roareye »

Cyrano_de_Tejas wrote:I am running the US version of POD Speedzone, right off the disc. I'll have to double check the browser settings, but I can connect to the internet using the web browser on the disc.

I was wondering, do I have to get someone to set up an account for me before I can connect or does the create account still work within the game?
I was using the US disc on real hardware too. What's your main browser disc (not the one built into Speedzone)? PlanetWeb or Dreamkey/Dream Passport?

Cyrano_de_Tejas
shadow

I'm using the PlanetWeb, Web Browser 2.0 disc.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post by Roareye »

Hmm odd. Then again PW is turd in every other capacity so wouldn't surprise me if it struggled with its own connectivity lol

mickschen
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All :-P

Post by mickschen »

Hey guys,

Is the issue with PAL vs NTSC gone?

Last week we played with different setups and we all had the same speed...

SlavaHV
Fancy Pants Admin

Post by SlavaHV »

Hello, I have a problem in pod 2. I create an account, I log in and write an incorrect password.
What to do with it?

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

SlavaHV wrote:Hello, I have a problem in pod 2. I create an account, I log in and write an incorrect password.
What to do with it?
Ill send a pm to Shuouma to take a look.

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Post by Xiden »

SlavaHV wrote:Hello, I have a problem in pod 2. I create an account, I log in and write an incorrect password.
What to do with it?
It looks like a mistyped password, sent you a pm.