LVI Polarity Question

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

LVI Polarity Question

Post#1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi there,
I am finally home from working offshore and have had time to test the LVI's I made at work. I tested them with AFO and noticed something interesting.

When connecting to AFO a connection message is displayed showing the Baud Rate. Full speed with the DreamPi is 33600. I noticed when testing some of them that the baud rate would be 28000 or lower no mater how many times I reconnected. I then swapped the ends of the RJ11 connectors around which inverts the polarity and noticed that they connected at 33600.

On the LVI drawings, polarity is not specified. Has anyone noticed this issue? Is the baud rate indication correct or is this just an issue with this game? It would explain some issues people are having with slow connections
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: LVI Polarity Question

Post#2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 pm

Nope, doesn't matter. The only reason you would get a slower speed is due to a defective cable (crossed or loose connections or not enough voltage typically). Although a defective Dreamcast modem can also cause a slower speed.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live