Propeller Arena

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

RichNice
undertow

Propeller Arena

Post#1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:08 am

Had anyone played this? I remember the release being cancelled but copies being leaked. Contender for WIP?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
HTTR2018 on 2Ksports games.

Roareye
Rank 9

Re: Propeller Arena

Post#2 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:14 am

If you look on the site, you'll find it under the OFFLINE section. It was leaked, which is why it is playable as a burnable CDI, but it is currently offline as no work (or no substantial work) has gone into getting it back online yet. The online mode was seen in a very brief section of a review before it was cancelled, but as the game was never launched, nobody here has had an opportunity to figure out the original server from experience.

That being said PBA Tour Bowling was also unreleased, and that is online now. It's not impossible for it to get figured out, but it will take longer than other titles. Ooga Booga just returned to being online, with NFL 2K1 looking to be just around the corner. From what I can tell, the guys here are aiming for a release every month or two, but it will all be dependent on the difficulty of the work and the number of people capable to do it. Many of us here, like myself, are useless when it comes to coding and server-end set ups - we simply just connect using pre-built assets (Such as DreamPi). Those of us who can code will take time to get it right.

RichNice
undertow

Post#3 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 am

Roareye wrote:If you look on the site, you'll find it under the OFFLINE section. It was leaked, which is why it is playable as a burnable CDI, but it is currently offline as no work (or no substantial work) has gone into getting it back online yet. The online mode was seen in a very brief section of a review before it was cancelled, but as the game was never launched, nobody here has had an opportunity to figure out the original server from experience.

That being said PBA Tour Bowling was also unreleased, and that is online now. It's not impossible for it to get figured out, but it will take longer than other titles. Ooga Booga just returned to being online, with NFL 2K1 looking to be just around the corner. From what I can tell, the guys here are aiming for a release every month or two, but it will all be dependent on the difficulty of the work and the number of people capable to do it. Many of us here, like myself, are useless when it comes to coding and server-end set ups - we simply just connect using pre-built assets (Such as DreamPi). Those of us who can code will take time to get it right.
Appreciate the feedback.... Have you played it? I remember heavily anticipating it when it was originally supposed to be released.

HTTR2018 on 2Ksports games.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#4 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:51 am

Back when the game leaked (~2004) it was rumored that Propeller Arena used the same servers as Outtrigger, and thus many started daydreaming If only the game leaked earlier we could have played it online...

Flash forward to current day 2018, thanks for the likes of Shuouma we know now that the game uses encryption and does not use the same server(code) as OT. This automatically means it will be quite some work getting resurrected, but seeing the current track record of games getting their online functionality back I'm pretty confident we'll eventually see this one as well.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:38 pm

I believe pba bowling used gamespy servers like 4x4evo which made it easier to get online.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#6 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:00 pm

RichNice wrote:
Roareye wrote:If you look on the site, you'll find it under the OFFLINE section. It was leaked, which is why it is playable as a burnable CDI, but it is currently offline as no work (or no substantial work) has gone into getting it back online yet. The online mode was seen in a very brief section of a review before it was cancelled, but as the game was never launched, nobody here has had an opportunity to figure out the original server from experience.

Appreciate the feedback.... Have you played it? I remember heavily anticipating it when it was originally supposed to be released.

Its a amazing game, highly recommend trying it out.

The soundtrack is great too, if you like the music like Crazt Taxi i would get the soundtrack!
Get it here
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9812

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#7 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:02 pm

It is an awesome game! Smooth flying and easy enough controls.

Dostuff
dark night

Post#8 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:09 pm

I played it. Definitely a AAA title. Too bad it was never released. The game play is solid and the graphics are wonderful with a solid frame rate. Hope this one makes it online!

beanboy
Wazza

Post#9 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:24 pm

Everytime I hear about this game, I ask myself, why da heck was this game never released?
It looks like alot of fun. Waaaaaah! :?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:37 pm

Fucking cowards

Did we let it happen.. could we'd stopped it.. expect everything, man