New Dreamcast Now features!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Raen
Toy Commander

Re: New Dreamcast Now features!

Post#21 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:21 pm

Can't see any flags either. It is necessary to configure anything?

EDIT: I can see the country code - AU for Australia right next to the nickname. Is it supposed to see a flag picture?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#22 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Anonymouse wrote:
Shuouma wrote:@alexh86 - It is not the flag, but when someone is online you see the Country code next to the username.

I see a flag next to the username when they are online

The flag only shows up on some platforms and browsers. It uses emojis so if you're OS or browser doesn't support it, it'll just show the country code.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Flags don't show up on Firefox and Edge - Windows 10.

TacT
Uber

Post#24 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Nice work but what use is a last online timer ? XD
Would be good to have some more useful integrations like links banners information chat or some way to help get people together especially all these new players i see online every week that have no idea about dc talk or any other sites or groups new people think they can just get a pi and hop online any game any time when they don't see anyone online or games don't work they don't know what to do most of them give up and don't get back on.
Even a link to your own page for information on how to use or update the dreampi would be nice =]
Keep up the good work!

it's still thinking.

Shuouma
Developer

Post#25 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:52 pm

Agree with Tact, played with a guy on PSO, he didn't even know we had PSO nights, he just played by himself (no joke/pun intended).

Feels like we are starting to get a lot of people online again, but we need somehow to pull everybody together.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#26 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:02 pm

I think the 'last seen' is very useful but it would be much more of a benefit if the players were ordered in last online instead of alphabetical order.

What would be ever better if we had a 'current time online' and possibly a 'Total time online' - this would encourage users to stay online longer. We could even reward users with 'stars' the more total time they have been online.

Example:

10 Hours - 1 star
50 Hours - 2 stars
100 Hours - 3 stars
500 Hours - 4 stars
and so on...
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Xiden
Developer

Post#27 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:22 pm

Anonymouse wrote:I think the 'last seen' is very useful but it would be much more of a benefit if the players were ordered in last online instead of alphabetical order.

What would be ever better if we had a 'current time online' and possibly a 'Total time online' - this would encourage users to stay online longer. We could even reward users with 'stars' the more total time they have been online.

Example:

10 Hours - 1 star
50 Hours - 2 stars
100 Hours - 3 stars
500 Hours - 4 stars
and so on...

I like the stars idea but it should be SWIRLS! :D I'd like in addition to total hours online, it would be cool to see total hours on a particular game and have achievements or (swirls) based on how many hours put toward a game.

So 10 hours on Ooga booga would be a swirl for example. But overall Online usage could be Swirls or keep the ranking system as it is now.

I think having a Swirl score much like a xbox gamer score would keep people motivated to be online more often.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#28 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Xiden wrote:
I like the stars idea but it should be SWIRLS! :D I'd like in addition to total hours online, it would be cool to see total hours on a particular game and have achievements or (swirls) based on how many hours put toward a game.

So 10 hours on Ooga booga would be a swirl for example. But overall Online usage could be Swirls or keep the ranking system as it is now.

I think having a Swirl score much like a xbox gamer score would keep people motivated to be online more often.

I had thought of the idea of hours per game but unsure how time consuming/complicated this would be for Kazade to implement so didn't want to get carried away. Little by little, the ball is rolling. I like the idea of 'swirls' but think stars is a little more professional looking. We could have a vote on it though.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#29 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 pm

Thanks Kazade.
- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#30 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:03 pm

Awesome update Kazade!!!
Thank you!!!!! :D