Online Game Idle Disconnect Times

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Online Game Idle Disconnect Times

Post#1 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:24 pm

Does anyone know the idle disconnect times for each online game? I find it annoying not knowing how long I can leave the game idling in a lobby before I am automatically disconnected. AND is there anyway to mod these games to not automatically disconnect?

Maybe we could make a list? (I will update this post once I gather more info)

Idle disconnect times:
-Phantasy Star Online: 60 minutes
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: Online Game Idle Disconnect Times

Post#2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:01 pm

ChuChu manual says friggin like, three/four minutes? But I think needs like ten mins?

Toy Racer angers me! It happens pretty quickly and that *NNN* sound

Monaco Grand Prix On-Line is like, 30 minutes? But have not idled long enough to see if it does idle-disconnect

Apparently dial-up was just no such thing as flat rate bill!

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:48 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Apparently dial-up was just no such thing as flat rate bill!

At least flat rate was common in the US. Seems like EU and JP got screwed from what I've heard.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#4 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:01 am

Keep in mind that the default on all PSO characters is 15 minutes. You need to change it to 60 minutes manually for each character if you want the maximum timeout. I've heard that you can make the timeout unlimited by keeping the software keyboard open with a partial message entered, but I've never tested it.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#5 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:39 am

I think it would be beneficial if the games could be hacked to be online infinitely. It would be ideal if the DC could be left in a lobby until someone shows up after seeing players online in DCNOW!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:23 am

Finding people who understand SH4 ASM and are willing to work on patching commercial games is very difficult, unfortunately. I'd much rather see the elimination of item loss in PSO DC than the removal of the automatic disconnection feature.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:43 am

^^^ YES ^^^

If team dies Prospective Horizon quest does it return weap+mesetas?

EDIT: Myth busted. I just idled 60 mins with the onscreen keyboard and some random characters up. Think I was receiving PMs too. Cannot stop idle disconnect

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#8 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:58 pm

I'm talking about the game deleting your items when you crash. If you die, you drop your weapon and Meseta on the floor, and you have to go back to where you died to get it back, assuming nobody steals it first.
"Fear the HUnewearl."