DMZ - how to check if it's set up correctly?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mattek
rebel

DMZ - how to check if it's set up correctly?

Post#1 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:31 am

Hi there,

after setting up my DreamPi correctly, I tried to extend online with enabling DMZ for Dreamcast. Here's what I did:
-went to router configuration page, found DHCP table and set 192.168.1.40 for my DreamPi (everything works correctly with that)
-secondly, in DMZ option, chose "Static IP" and typed 192.168.1.98 - it's IP which is used when connecting to Quake 3 Arena

Are the above steps correct? I'm asking becasue I couldn't find any idea to check if Dreamcast has ports opened. I know that connecting to game may verify DMZ, but e.g. Worms require all the players to have it enabled, so if one person has something configured wrong, I won't be able to identify who made mistake.

Best regards!

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Re: DMZ - how to check if it's set up correctly?

Post#2 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:17 am

Starlancer is a good check. Connect, start a game, then with a device on the same network go here https://pentest-tools.com/network-vulne ... nline-nmap

Select the list tab and input 47624
Check the don't ping host option
Start scan
It should show as open if DMZ is working
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Arnold.D
minority

Post#3 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Where does it say open? In the raw data? I just see a bunch of true false on the page when checking

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:46 pm

If Alien Front Online doesn't disconnect you if Planet Ring you see yourself in the user list upon logging in your DMZ is effective =}

Shuouma
Developer

Post#5 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:37 am

Like mista said:

1. Try to create a game in AFO, if you don't get a synch issue your OK.
2. Create a account in Planet Ring, if you don't get table full in the mini games your OK

mattek
rebel

Post#6 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:05 am

So, because I can't figure out DMZ option in my router, I decided to open ports for Dreamcast manually. It looks like this now:
Without port forwarded, after hosting Alien Front Online game, it informs me about comunication problems then disconnects. With port opened, I'm able to play without any problems.

It means I have correctly forwarded port for DreamPi?

EDIT:
I see Shuouma post. It looks like everything is working perfectly now. Thank you! 8-)