I want to use PSO v2 EP, but I have a JP SN/AK

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Tamh
shadow

I want to use PSO v2 EP, but I have a JP SN/AK

Post#1 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:28 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm pretty sure this has been resolved before, but I couldn't find it on the board.
I have a VA1 NTSC-U Dreamcast, unmodded. I got a Dream Pi setup already, and it works. Tested it using Quake 3 Arena.
I have a Phantasy Star Online v2 JP disc (back in my parents' place), with it's respective SN/AK.
Burned the Aleron Ives' PSOv2 EP disc, and of course, the SNAK doesn't work at all, due to region.

I can't boot the PSOv2J disc in my Dreamcast (yay region locking). Also, the GD-ROM is back in my hometown. Also, I would love to use PSOv2EP because when I used it some time ago it loaded really fast.

What if I burn a PSOv2J CDI and try to boot from it just to set the SNAK in internal memory?
Or should I wait until I go visit my parents to retrieve the game, and use Sylverant PSO Patcher?

What choices do I have to try to get in the game using my official SNAK? I'm itching to play!
Thanks everyone!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: I want to use PSO v2 EP, but I have a JP SN/AK

Post#2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:28 pm

You should be able to use a Japanese copy of the game to initially register your serial/key to the console and then you can use any copy of the game, regardless of region, to play after that.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#3 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:20 pm

If you haven't brought your characters online yet, then the JPv2 CDI won't work. You must enter your serials again the first time you go online, but there is no JPv2 CDI with the fix to bypass the HL server, so you'll never be able to go online, and the game will keep asking you to enter your serials.

Your options are:

a) Wait until you can get your GD-ROM so you can register your JPv2 serials
b) Buy USv2 on eBay to get USv2 serials
c) Use shared USv2 serials
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Tamh
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:45 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:You should be able to use a Japanese copy of the game to initially register your serial/key to the console and then you can use any copy of the game, regardless of region, to play after that.

Aleron Ives wrote:If you haven't brought your characters online yet, then the JPv2 CDI won't work. You must enter your serials again the first time you go online, but there is no JPv2 CDI with the fix to bypass the HL server, so you'll never be able to go online, and the game will keep asking you to enter your serials.

Your options are:

a) Wait until you can get your GD-ROM so you can register your JPv2 serials
b) Buy USv2 on eBay to get USv2 serials
c) Use shared USv2 serials

Thanks to you both. I wasn't wrong to assume that I had to connect to the server at least once to save the serial/key properly. Maybe it is time for me to wait until I can get the GD back and use CDX to boot it.
On that topic, does the Sylverant patcher disc allow booting out-of-region discs?

Honestly, I would like to not resort to shared serials, as much as I want to get in the game. Specially since, if something happens (like getting banned) I wouldn't be able to get my characters back, and/or register the serial in Sylverant's page. Though I have to ask, just for curiosity sake, how strongly is the no-shared-serials rule enforced?

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:17 pm

Tamh wrote:On that topic, does the Sylverant patcher disc allow booting out-of-region discs?
Yes, it does.

Though I have to ask, just for curiosity sake, how strongly is the no-shared-serials rule enforced?
You're welcome to use shared serials all you like, however the website will not allow you to register them to your account on the website. If you were to somehow get around the checks for them, you would be banned when it was noticed.

Tamh
shadow

Post#6 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:27 pm

Hey BlueCrab, and sorry for bumping this up again.
Now I have a different kind of question.
I used your boot disc to load my PSOv2J copy I retrieved from my folks' home.
After erasing my internal memory (doing the B+X thing on port C with PlanetWeb), I used XDP LE 4 to set up the modem configuration again.
Tested it with PlanetWeb 2.6, 3.0, XDP LE 4 and the browser included in Aleron Ives' EnhPack disc, and all connect (and browse) fine.
However, once I boot PSOv2J with your loader and try to go Online, I get a "Network Settings on the Dreamcast have not been set up yet." message. I get this even trying to access the Website option in the main menu.
Do I need a Dream Passport copy to set up these settings?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#7 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:54 am

I've read that Japanese copies of PSO expect to find Dricas account information in the flash memory, but I never had any problems connecting with the BBA. Maybe it's something that only happens with the modem?
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Tamh
shadow

Post#8 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Is there a way to force feed/assign the Dricas information in the Flash Memory somehow? I tried using XDP but since the server is forever down, I got nowhere.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#9 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:56 am

I have no idea how it works. AFAIK Dricas was just the Japanese equivalent of SegaNet.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Tamh
shadow

Post#10 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:44 pm

That sucks. I wasn't able to use the JP SNAK at all.
In the end, I resorted to buying a copy of PSOv2 US. It was sealed, so the SNAK has never been used. Just used it and works wonders.
Either way, thanks to you all!

Return to “Online”