quake 3 glitches

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

shadow

quake 3 glitches

Post#1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:24 pm

i have recently acquired quake 3 for dreamcast, and am having a few issues with it

first, when i enter the network mode, the settings are blank, despite having configured them before. i enter the information again and save the changes when prompted. when i then try to dial, it says server error immediately, without trying to dial. it then kicks me back to the main menu, where i reenter the network menu and find that the settings are blank again.
on top of that, the colors will sometimes mess up and become pink rainbow clown vomit. objects are still barely visible, but it is very straining on the eyes. there does not seem to be any trigger to this and i don't know if it happens after a certain time, or just random chance. the game still runs fine otherwise after this, but it is rendered unplayable. there does not seem to be any way to fix this other than resetting the console.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Re: quake 3 glitches

Post#2 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Sounds like you burned the revivedc crap.

Try ECHELON, as for network settings no idea

shadow

Post#3 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:16 am

that solved that problem. now i just have the issue of the fact that i can't connect to servers. i'm using the dns server it says to, but the server browser is empty, and manually connecting either isn't working or i don't know how do do it, probably both.

shadow

Post#4 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am

switched internet, it works now