Can't connect to PSO

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Sprag013
shadow

Can't connect to PSO

Post#1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:59 pm

Hello,

I set up my dreamcast with dreampi a while back... perhaps about a year ago.. using the Sylverant I was able to get online and play for a little bit. I didn't play much and wasn't very active. However, Ive been trying to get on the last two nights and I get stopped after I connect and right before it looks to load me into the game. I get the message "you could not be connected to the server" ... my name and dreamcast pop up on Dreamcast Now! showing that I'm playing PSO. The only thing I did differently on my end was create a new character and save over my old one. Has something changed in the last year? Could anyone help with this issue? Thanks in advance

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Can't connect to PSO

Post#2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:14 pm

Friendly questions:

1st question is, is your new character registered?
2nd, which type of media are you using (GD-ROM, one of the CD-R's, PAL, NTSC, V1 or v2, etc...).
3rd, Being you mention it was about a year ago, did anything else change since your last successful connection (ISP, router, different Dreamcast, etc...)?

Just asking...
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Sprag013
shadow

Post#3 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:32 am

Thank you for replying- I'm not really tech savvy - I can follow step by steps well enough, but I have trouble with diagnosing and fixing issues

1- Maybe this is it? I'm not sure, instead of continuing with old character I went with "new game" and agreed to save over the older one- so probably not. How would I go about doing that?

2- Its NTSC and V2

3- rechecked on the timeframe- it was June and nothing has changed on my end since then

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#4 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 am

Registering your character isn't necessary just to connect to the server on Dreamcast. It's the Gamecube version that requires it.

Are you using a legit serial number/access key (found inside the disc case)? And did you use the PSO patcher boot disc before starting the game?

Sprag013
shadow

Post#5 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:47 pm

ReaderRagfish wrote:Registering your character isn't necessary just to connect to the server on Dreamcast. It's the Gamecube version that requires it.

Are you using a legit serial number/access key (found inside the disc case)? And did you use the PSO patcher boot disc before starting the game?

Oh ok..

and yes and yes!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:33 pm

I do know I could not use my legit PSOv2 PAL GD-ROM serial/key. I had to use one of the other combos listed. I would love to have been able to use my legit serial/key.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#7 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 am

You can use an EU serial just fine, but you need a copy of EUv2 to enter it.
"Fear the HUnewearl."